You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: New Edea toe shape?  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Lucille

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
New Edea toe shape?
« on: September 05, 2024, 11:40:11 AM »
So I’ve seen several threads in Reddit about the newish - came in about a year ago apparently- rounder toe shape that Edea has made standard in their skates, apparently you can tell if they have it by a * next to the size on the sole. Has anyone seen these or own them? Do they actually exist and if so is the toebox noticeably rounder/wider? There is no mention of this change on the Edea website, only the addition of the Freedom range of roller boots which have a rounder and deeper toe.

Offline Kaitsu

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 45
Re: New Edea toe shape?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2024, 01:38:02 PM »
Standard width (size marking without any letter) is C.  All others widths are marked with letter. B (narrow), C (standard), D (wide) ja E (extra wide). Retailers may have only these standard widths in their stock.

Online AlbaNY

• Level 4 Spinner
  • Total GOE: 141
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2024, 03:26:05 PM »
I also keep reading about a rounder Edea toe box, but I haven't seen it.  I just looked at Daughter's and they have no *.

Offline tstop4me

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 202
  • Conserve Angular Momentum
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2024, 06:58:51 PM »
FWIW, this is a post from a reddit thread:

"New boots box has a "*" sign near size."

That is, if the post is correct, the "*" appears on the [packing] box, not the sole.  Also, I think that thread confounds ice and roller boots.

Offline tstop4me

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 202
  • Conserve Angular Momentum
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2024, 08:41:00 PM »
The new Edea toe configuration (for roller boots) is described here: https://edeaskates.com/en/roller/why-edea-is-so-special/more-comfort/ .  I snickered when I read it.  After years and years of shaping the toe box for elegant style, they have achieved a breakthrough in engineering by redesigning it to fit feet better.  88)

Offline Query

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 116
    • mgrunes.com
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2024, 04:08:59 PM »
I snickered when I read it.  After years and years of shaping the toe box for elegant style, they have achieved a breakthrough in engineering by redesigning it to fit feet better.  88)

It is a breakthrough because no one else has had that idea before? :encore

Imagine the truly novel technological breakthrough that could occur if they offered different heel, midfoot and forefoot widths. Like certain other brands. Or offered true full custom boots.

Offline Kaitsu

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 45
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2024, 12:29:22 PM »
I wasn't surprised that my first response was out off topic. I hadn't heard about this topic before and I was a bit lazy to look for information on the right topic.

I asked one of the Eda dealers if they know anything about this rounder toe box. They didn't know anything about it and thought it only applied to roller skates. They only mentioned the different shoe last widths, like me.

Should the sole of the shoe also be wider, or just a toe box?
If you remember from previous discussions, I have the shape of Edea's shoe sole printed on transparent film. I use it to find the center of the sole of the shoe. I haven't seen any changes in the soles of the Edea shoe when I use it.

By the way, Edea has very big delivery difficulties. At the moment, you may have to wait a year for certain models. And we are not talking about any customized products.

Offline Lucille

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2024, 12:01:27 PM »
FWIW, this is a post from a reddit thread:

"New boots box has a "*" sign near size."

That is, if the post is correct, the "*" appears on the [packing] box, not the sole.  Also, I think that thread confounds ice and roller boots.

Yeah this is what I thought