You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Does the Ice Fly have a lot of padding in the toe / forefoot area please?  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Christy

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 103
I injured my toes / forefoot several weeks ago so I'm not skating at the moment. I did try my skates (Jackson Elite Plus) on the other day and they are just so hard in that area. I need a fairly stiff boot but when I return to skating I want something with quite a bit of padding for my toe / forefoot so the Ice Fly seems to fit the bill, but there isn't anywhere local which stocks them for me to take a look. So, is there a reasonable amount of padding around the toe / front area of the boot please?

Offline irenar5

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 61
Why not get a thin neoprene insole? Neoprene really cushions well!

Offline Christy

• AOSS Member
It's the top of my foot which I injured, not the sole, so an insole won't help.

Someone mentioned trying dancers ouch pouches but they don't come high enough over the foot - they only protect the tops of the two outer toes  :(

Offline TreSk8sAZ

• Blade Runner
  • Total GOE: 42
I forgot who makes them, but bunga or silipos have individual toe gel sleeves. Those might help. Google bunga toe pads and you should find something. I'm really not sure many boots have much padding in that area.

Offline CaraSkates

• Doing the Fiesta Tangle!
  • Total GOE: 367
Bunga makes the toe gel pads. Others might too. Also, at least around here, you can usually try on Edeas at competitions.

Offline Christy

• AOSS Member
Hmmm - suppose I could try one of the Bunga gel sleeves around that area of my foot, although wonder if they will create a ridge.

I don't think Edea ever ventures into our area  :'(

Offline amy1984

• Wearing Blade Guards on the Ice
  • Total GOE: 14
I used the bunga pads pulled over the arch of my foot and part of my heel.  There was no ridge or discomfort from the edges.  The only thing I would say is that they wore out way faster than I thought they would.  But they do work.

Hmmm - suppose I could try one of the Bunga gel sleeves around that area of my foot, although wonder if they will create a ridge.

I don't think Edea ever ventures into our area  :'(

Offline slcbelle

• Blade Runner
  • Total GOE: 224
  • Yes, I'm obsessed.
    • YouTube Videos
I have the Ice Fly and, compared to everything else I've owned (Riedell, Jackson, custom Harlick), they are super comfy with lots of padding from front to back.  None of that hard leather on the inside.  It's all memory foam like.  FWIW, I'm a size 8 in street shoes (38.5 to 39 in Euro) and I'm in the 255 Ice Fly. 
Adult Silver FS, Intermediate MITF
Videos:  http://www.youtube.com/itslex71
Bronze Level Test Judge - Singles/Pairs
Non-Qual Competition Judge