You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: USFSA Adult Freestyle Program  (Read 7613 times)

Offline icedancer

• Custom Skates
  • Total GOE: 143
Re: USFSA Adult Freestyle Program
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2014, 04:04:06 PM »
I agree that it depends on what is offered in your area - my area has recently changed from offering ISI and USFS to USFS only.  That being said some of the adults compete in ISI events because that is what they like to do!

But most of the skaters test USFS - even at the "Adult beginner, recreational" level.

The big difference i the testing per se is that with USFS you are testing before a panel of judges (or a single judge at the lower levels) rather than your coach.  The test sessions I think are generally more formal as well (which I think some people find intimidating but they mimic the feeling of being out there performing for strangers, which is what occurs at any competition be it USFS or ISI).

I think what you need to do is get your skates and start skating in them and see where you are at and then think about what level you might compete at or which structure to go through.  That is what I would do anyway.