You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Poll

Do you or your skater enjoy doing a

a freeskate program
11 (64.7%)
dramatic program
4 (23.5%)
lt entertainment
1 (5.9%)
other
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Favorite Programs  (Read 1811 times)

Offline hopskipjump

• BladeLock
  • Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 59
Favorite Programs
« on: June 03, 2012, 11:46:48 PM »
Just curious what they enjoy performing more!

Offline skatingmum2

• Homologating Quadrubles
  • Total GOE: 3
Re: Favorite Programs
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 08:25:28 AM »
I think both of mine just love to perform. They love gala's and shows. My daughter loved her solo free dances. They both also like their free-skating programs. Son loves theatre on ice classes (rink not had them for ages) and does his free skating program really well when performing at intervals during ice-hockey matches (where he improvises and shows off).

Neither have coaches interested in "artistic" but reckon my daughter would do anything if it meant more private lessons.

Offline dak_rbb

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 2
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 01:00:26 AM »
The freeskate is the big program, but my daughter really has fun with artistic programs.  She gets the ice to herself, gets to perform for an audience and the stress is much, MUCH lower.  She's done well with dramatic (more natural for her I think), but has always wanted to do a light entertainment and is trying that this year for fun. No expectations of any medals! :)

Offline PinkLaces

• Flooping To The Beat
  • Total GOE: 27
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 10:51:00 AM »
My DD loves doing footwork programs.  She also loves the ISI interpretive programs where they have to make a program after listening to the music 3 times.  She is more of an ice dancer without a partner so these are the closest she gets to that.