You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Champion Cords  (Read 1479 times)

Offline Kitten23

• Future Adult National Champion
  • Defrosting Da Toes
  • Total GOE: 12
Champion Cords
« on: October 12, 2014, 12:06:51 PM »
Does anyone have Champion Cords? You know, those cords that are supposed to attach to your skate and then your  hand?  I am having trouble crossing my feet when doing a flip and a lutz and read that these cords would help.  There are a few old posts about these cords, but nothing recent. 

If you have used them, did they help?  Did they get in the way?  Did you discuss it with your coach or try them on your own?  Will they also help strengthen other elements, like backspins and turns?

Thanks!!!! :love:
Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes it's the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

http://competitiveadultfigureskater.blogspot.com/

Offline PinkLaces

• Flooping To The Beat
  • Total GOE: 27
Re: Champion Cords
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 08:01:04 PM »
I have used them. They helped me learn to cross my feet on my backspin.

Offline Meli

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 25
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 09:21:00 PM »
My old coach used them with me, but really more to get more awareness of how my arms were positioned while going through various elements.  We did use them some with the backspin positioning so I could better feel the "snap" that she wanted me to achieve.  It feels really odd at times... if she was using two, I usually felt like a turkey trussed up for Thanksgiving.

Offline davincisop

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 162
  • 2017 Goal: Pass Bronze Dances
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 09:35:26 PM »
I haven't, but I want to try them so badly. They had a seminar on them, but it was only for skaters that had an axel and above, so I couldn't take the workshop.

Offline 4711

• Punching Out Boots
  • Total GOE: 3
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 01:55:12 AM »
How do they work?
(I watched the video on their website)
:blush: ~ I should be writing~ :blush:

Offline TreSk8sAZ

• Blade Runner
  • Total GOE: 42
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 01:12:05 PM »
I used them for a little while. All of the coaches at the rink I was skating at when I was doing an internship (different state) used them. They were used for stroking, jumps, spins, etc. It helped you figure out where your arms were, if you were keeping them up or not, and where things were positioned in spins. But overall, it wasn't something I found vital or super helpful and I don't use them anymore (none of the coaches here at either of my rinks do). It certainly didn't hurt anything, though.