You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Wanted: Very Cheap trashable skates and blades  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Query

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
Wanted: Very Cheap trashable skates and blades
« on: December 06, 2010, 01:18:24 PM »
I am still trying to put together a class on sharpening one's own blades, near Washington, DC.

Progress. Various people have expressed an interest - one from as far as Detroit! I've corresponded with other people who sharpen their own blades who had some interesting ideas I've never tried. I'm writing the class materials. I've found good sources for the various tools. One kind person has volunteered a good spot to run the class.

I need blades for people to practice on. Possibly mounted on boots. They don't need to be good blades.

I found a pair of old junky skates with blades at the Salvation Army (thrift store) for $3.50. Excellent. I'll go back there again to see what is available. I'd like to find a few more. Anyone have something they are willing to throw away for very cheap or free? Ideally in the DC metro area, so I can come pick them up.

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
Re: Wanted: Very Cheap trashable skates and blades
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 11:47:22 PM »
Hmmm results on Craigslist are not as cheap as I thought.
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=ice+skates&catAbb=sss&srchType=A&minAsk=&maxAsk=20

Look into thrift stores in your area too, I guess :)

All the best on the class!!