You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Viewable Archive  (Read 11474 times)

Offline JimStanmore

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 384
Viewable Archive
« on: September 05, 2010, 11:29:11 AM »
Thanks to renatele  :gh we have a viewable archive of the old threads.  This is a pretty complete archive.  The main difference between threads in the archive and the transferred here is that you cannot post to the archived threads and you can post to the transferred threads.  Things to keep in mind:

1.  At the present time, the link takes you to another site to view the archive.  You may want to right-click and open it in another tab or window.  This will be moved to our server within the next week or so.

2.  You cannot post to the threads.

3.  Only some of the thread Full Views work - it is a matter of luck: you might get a correct full view, wrong topic full view, a "server is too busy" message, or a 404 - Page Not Found error.

With that said, here is the link - enjoy!

http://skating.zachariahs.com/skatingforums-onice/www.skatingforums.com/archive/index.php/f-1.html?pda=1

Jim S.

Offline Sierra

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 97
Re: Viewable Archive
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 09:21:20 PM »
Wow! This is great. Thanks renatele! :worthy

The only bad thing is not being able to search it. I tried doing a Google site:link *search term here* which generally works but maybe the link was too long. I used to search skatingforums this way sometimes- site:skatingforums flip, for example.
I also tried using the "Find" in the browser's tools, but it only works on one page and only in the titles.

There has got to be some way to search it. I just haven't found it yet.

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 09:41:29 PM »
I think we need to allow Google some time to crawl it ;)
Bravo, thank you so much!

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 09:22:46 PM »
There has got to be some way to search it. I just haven't found it yet.
Has anyone found a good way to search the content yet? :)

Offline Sierra

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 97
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 04:07:46 PM »
I tried searching it again today. It kind of works. I searched "skate" and it came up with two threads, when it should have come up with tons. Nothing came up for salchow or swizzle. Is Google still crawling it, whatever that means?

I am cataloging it, in case the search never comes up to full speed.

EDITED BY JIM STANMORE:  We were not given permission to use any boards other than On Ice

Offline JimStanmore

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 384
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 06:27:26 PM »
For everyone's information, the contents of a forum belong to the forum owner.  You are usually allowed to repost parts of a post, as long as you give credit to the original location.  Anything more requires permission from the forum owner.  Adrian gave us permission to post the On Ice forums.  He DID NOT give us permission to use any other portion of the forum.

Please contact him before creating any documents that violate copyright laws and intellectual property rights.  Since I am legally responsible for what is on this forum and can ill afford the $50,000 or so per pop for violations, we will remove any posts or references to content that we have not been given express rights to.

I hate censorship, but we have to respect others rights if we want our own to be respected.

Thank you for your understanding.