You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Fishnets with rhinestones  (Read 6798 times)

Offline Kat

• Zamboni Driver
  • Total GOE: 19
Fishnets with rhinestones
« on: November 14, 2010, 10:51:41 AM »
I know someone was looking for something like this a long time ago... too late now I'm sure for that person, but in case anyone else is looking.

Warning: this site isn't safe for work or kids.  It's called "flirtcatalog.com" so you can guess the kind of stuff they have there.  Just FYI.

http://www.flirtcatalog.com/p-93118-spandex-fishnet-pantyhose-with-rhinestones.aspx
"The only thing you have to be afraid of is to not fly."

Offline icefrog

• Flippin' Flutzstrated
  • Total GOE: 8
Re: Fishnets with rhinestones
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 07:41:27 PM »
What do fishnet tights look like from the stands? They sound like they would be very good for a solo dance of an Tango or a Spanish themed program.

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 12:47:31 AM »
Unless they have different material at the foot, I think the fishnet would hurt inside the skates.
-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright

Offline Skate@Delaware

• Chock Full of Lilty Goodness
  • Total GOE: 61
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 02:14:16 PM »
Quote from: kat
I know someone was looking for something like this a long time ago... too late now I'm sure for that person, but in case anyone else is looking.

Warning: this site isn't safe for work or kids.  It's called "flirtcatalog.com" so you can guess the kind of stuff they have there.  Just FYI.
Thanks! I can see if they will work for my Tango number!

Unless they have different material at the foot, I think the fishnet would hurt inside the skates.
I remember from my HS shows, yes they DO hurt, but now I know how to McGuyver them by picking toes apart and make them "footless" if need be.
Avoiding the Silver Moves Mohawk click-of-death!!!

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 02:30:08 PM »
I remember wearing them in high school for halloween and man, did my feet hurt by the end of the party.  Dancing on fishnets is really not fun; I would think your ankles would hurt if you wore them under skates.  Footless is a good idea.
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline Skate@Delaware

• Chock Full of Lilty Goodness
  • Total GOE: 61
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 02:39:57 PM »
I do plan on wearing my regular footless tights underneath so that will provide extra cushioning. I've still got to get my dress stoned, maybe hubby will do it-he likes doing that kind of stuff.
Avoiding the Silver Moves Mohawk click-of-death!!!

Offline MimiG

• CER-A
  • Intergalactic Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 64
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 04:21:06 PM »
In my experience, fishnets look much better if they go over the boot with OTB tights or beige skates underneath. (Since OTB fishnets are pretty much impossible to find, you can make your own! Carefully cut down the center of the foot part and then sew on some hooks - voila!)

Offline axelbaby

• Rink Rat
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 10:02:45 AM »
I've used fishnets for a program before.  The best thing to do is to order the capri ones, one size larger than you would usually wear.  They should be long enough to hit the bottom of the skates (you may want to add a long piece of elastic to the bottom seam that goes under your foot turning them into a stirrup style to keep them down).  Note to anyone that is planning on using them: It looks a bit odd when you pair black fishnets with white boots.  It's usually a better option when you have black boot covers. 

You can get the capri ones for less than $7 a pair from online dance supply stores (www.discountdance.com and www.dancewearsolutions.com).  They do rip fairly easily, so I suggest having an extra pair on hand, also definitely wear a pair of tan tights underneath, fishnets are certainly not the most comfortable tight in the world. 

Offline PinkLaces

• Flooping To The Beat
  • Total GOE: 27
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 04:09:02 PM »
Online Dancewear has them too, but they only have the rhinestones down the back steam.  They have fishnets and plain black with the rhinestones down the back  http://www.onlinedancewear.com/catalog/Default.aspx?key=9&subKey=138