You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Poll

How much time did you take between your Pre-Bronze and Bronze MITF/FS tests?

Less than 3 months
2 (16.7%)
3 to 6 months
2 (16.7%)
6 months to 1 year
2 (16.7%)
1 year to 1.5 years
2 (16.7%)
1.5 to 2 years
0 (0%)
2 years or more
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Time Between Pre-Bronze & Bronze  (Read 6921 times)

Offline PinkLaces

• Flooping To The Beat
  • Total GOE: 27
Re: Time Between Pre-Bronze & Bronze
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 12:52:22 PM »
I took and passed my PB Moves/FS in May 2009 and Bronze Moves/FS in November 2009.  It took about 5 months each.  I had a goal of going to AN so was really pushing it to get those tests done.  I started working on Silver Moves in May 2010 and am still a long ways from passing them.  Coach & I were discussing the long amount of time the silver moves are taking.  Told me that ideally we would've spent more time on the Bronze Moves and now Silver will take longer.  I am hoping for maybe a year from now.  That would mean it would be 3+ years of working on Silver.

Offline slcbelle

• Blade Runner
  • Total GOE: 224
  • Yes, I'm obsessed.
    • YouTube Videos
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2012, 01:38:40 PM »
Told me that ideally we would've spent more time on the Bronze Moves and now Silver will take longer. 

Yeah, I think I don't want to rush to Bronze after I (HOPEFULLY) pass Pre-Bronze.  I was considering taking it in May 2013 but I don't think so.  I can't wait for PB to be over so I can work on new things while continuing to master the elements on the PB test.
Adult Silver FS, Intermediate MITF
Videos:  http://www.youtube.com/itslex71
Bronze Level Test Judge - Singles/Pairs
Non-Qual Competition Judge

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2012, 02:21:33 PM »
That would mean it would be 3+ years of working on Silver.

I will likely be at 3 years of working on them or past it by the time I actually test mine.. so I don't think that's all that unusual.

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2012, 02:41:17 PM »
I may attempt both moves in the same test session IF things go well. If I do take the FS tests, I am guessing less than 3 months gap. Dance... will take very long!

I did it! Now I am curious about how long it takes to get to silver in MITF and FS... What is the expectation for basic skills for the silver freeskate test? In terms of edge quality and program complexity?

Silver moves test is such a killer. I don't know how kids manage to do those back strokes with zero toe pick noise. Also gave up keeping track of the crashes and near crashes from 8 step mohawk practices.