You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Caoches, 1/2 rotation jumps for interpretive?  (Read 2190 times)

Offline singerskates

• Synchro Stompin'
  • Total GOE: 6
  • Canadian Adult Skater
    • Singerskates Sports Music Editing
Caoches, 1/2 rotation jumps for interpretive?
« on: January 13, 2011, 07:33:33 PM »
I'm am looking for all the different type of half rotation jumps I can find for my interpretive.

So far I can do and know of the following 1/2 rotation jumps,

Not counting my 1/2 Loop because I'm using it as a Loop as the first part of my combination jumps in my freeskate.

Mazurka
Ballet Jump
Falling Leaf
Split
Stag

Are there anymore and what is the definition of them? How would one do the 1/2 rotation jump?
"It's not age that determines but the heart." "Skating is not just a sport for the young but it's a passion for the soul of the young at heart." Brigitte Laskowski

I am an adult skater who is a member of Tecumseh Skating  WOS for 2012 2013 season.

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
Re: Caoches, 1/2 rotation jumps for interpretive?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 07:45:25 PM »
If you do a Mazurka and cross the ankles the opposite way, it's an Albright or Scissors jump.
It's entered the same way as a Mazurka.

I thought that interpretive didn't reward jumps - it's the music interpretation that mattered?

In any case, there are a couple of non-rotational jumps that might help too, like a bunny hop done from a deep forward outside edge, so that it just lifts up off the ice.  I don't think it has a name, though.
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline singerskates

• Synchro Stompin'
  • Canadian Adult Skater
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 09:37:29 PM »
No, it doesn't reward jumps in interpretive but my interpretive music has so many spots that require jumps, that I thought it would be cool to do a different half jump each time, just for fun. The jumps are to work with the music. I'm going to have as many low to ice moves as I can too. And use as many body parts as I can, skate slow, medium and fast. And have lots of turns and changes of directions as well.
"It's not age that determines but the heart." "Skating is not just a sport for the young but it's a passion for the soul of the young at heart." Brigitte Laskowski

I am an adult skater who is a member of Tecumseh Skating  WOS for 2012 2013 season.

Offline singerskates

• Synchro Stompin'
  • Canadian Adult Skater
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 02:33:17 AM »
Coach has me doing a series of double RBO3, toe step, double RBO3s toe steps into taking off from the last double RBO3 into a Falling Leaf.

To go into my Split Jump he has me doing a series of alternating forward 3s.

These so far these are in my interpretive program; song "I Will Not Be Moved" performed and written by Natalie Grant of 2 minutes 16 seconds. Canadian interpretives are to be between 2 minutes and 3 minutes.