You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Jackson Debut Boot  (Read 33311 times)

Offline icepixie

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 16
    • My skating entries at Dreamwidth
Re: Jackson Debut Boot
« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2018, 05:38:46 PM »
It would be on my looking list for sure if Jackon made it semi custom.  Sadly, it comes in only 2 widths, which I believe means they won't do custom widths.

The Premiere now only comes in two widths standard, but I ordered C-ball/A-heel last week.  So far no squawking that they can't do that.  I would assume they do it for the Debut as well.

Offline aussieskater

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 52
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2018, 05:40:22 PM »
Actually, that's a little backwards.  The Debut with the Fusion sole is the new Debut, the LCL is the old (original) Debut.  You can order the Debut with any of the Jackson soles though.  For $85 U.S. and a 6 week wait you can get any color Fusion, LCL or LCF sole.  My skaters next boot will be with either the LCL or LCF.  I don't thing the Fusion sole has enough shock absorption for her.  It looks better in person by the way.

I didn't realise the Debut came LCL first, then plastic in the next version.  My local pro shop only got them in once they'd gone to the plastic heel, so when I visited the shop that's all they had.  And thank you for the information that they can customise the sole -  I wonder if that means they can customise the width (past D or "wide") too??

Offline Sibelius

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 1
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2018, 10:34:18 PM »
I didn't realise the Debut came LCL first, then plastic in the next version.  My local pro shop only got them in once they'd gone to the plastic heel, so when I visited the shop that's all they had.  And thank you for the information that they can customise the sole -  I wonder if that means they can customise the width (past D or "wide") too??

Those "original Debuts" were out a very short time before they were retired.  I don't know what the reason was other than they just didn't seem to fit into the model progression.  I never saw them on any of the skaters at our 2 rinks.

I don't know if they do custom widths on the Debut, but the website says they do for the new Premiere Fusion which is just now out.  At a Jackson stiffness level of 65 it's a couple of stiffness notches above the Debut Standard and one above the Debut Firm and is rated for Axel and beginning doubles. It will be our next boot, with the LCL or LCF sole option.

I'll tell you that when I have questions I submit to Jackson through their website contact page they always reply within a couple of days.  They have given us tremendous customer service and we'll stick with them as long as she fits in them.

Offline tothepointe

• Dust Bunny Hopping
  • Total GOE: 5
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2018, 01:01:09 PM »
How do you find the stiffness of the Debut as compared to the Flair?

The original Debut which I have I felt was stiffer than the Flair. Took longer to initially break in. Overall I feel that way of all the Jacksons.

Offline tothepointe

• Dust Bunny Hopping
  • Total GOE: 5
« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2018, 01:04:41 PM »
Those "original Debuts" were out a very short time before they were retired.  I don't know what the reason was other than they just didn't seem to fit into the model progression.  I never saw them on any of the skaters at our 2 rinks.

I don't know if they do custom widths on the Debut, but the website says they do for the new Premiere Fusion which is just now out.  At a Jackson stiffness level of 65 it's a couple of stiffness notches above the Debut Standard and one above the Debut Firm and is rated for Axel and beginning doubles. It will be our next boot, with the LCL or LCF sole option.

I'll tell you that when I have questions I submit to Jackson through their website contact page they always reply within a couple of days.  They have given us tremendous customer service and we'll stick with them as long as she fits in them.

At the time I got the Debuts according to my pro shop owner who had just been to the Jackson submit the plan had always been to do the Fusion sole but I'm guessing they wanted to start releasing the new models before the sole was ready so they went ahead and did it anyway.

Jackson really could use someone to really make and keep consistency in their product offerings. I don't see any advantage to this constant cycle of product development, release and discontinuation.

Offline Loops

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 112
« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2018, 02:33:30 PM »

Jackson really could use someone to really make and keep consistency in their product offerings. I don't see any advantage to this constant cycle of product development, release and discontinuation.

Fully agree. I live in Europe and need split widths. No one over here has heard of them, consistently promise to investigate then never get back to me. Jackson's are the only brand readily available over here whose factory has heard of split widths, even if their local retailers are out of the loop. I'm getting skates this summer in the US and was hoping to come away with something I could directly order from over here (my US tech/skate guru will be retired by the time I need new skates again). But with Jackson's constantly shifting line up, and more importantly, last, I just don't see that happening. We'll see which brand my tech recommends based on my foot shape. Skates are complicated enough without Jackson's inconsistency and uncertainty.....