You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Foot pain due to boot  (Read 2144 times)

Offline laraxsha

• Rink Rat
  • Total GOE: 4
Foot pain due to boot
« on: December 15, 2017, 03:49:02 AM »
Hi, so I've been skating for about half a year now and I'm pretty much in freestyle 1 for isi Asia and skate atleast 3 times a week. I got the Risport antares about a month after I started and they've been pretty good, however I've realised that I get quite strong pain on the both sides of my feet.
At first I thought it would get better after a while and I just needed to break them in but it's been about 4+ months now. I can't tie them any looser because then I don't have enough stability in my boot and can't skate properly.
I got them recommended and fitted in a skate shop but it might not've been the best fitting idk. I don't have very wide feet nor the slimmest theyre pretty normal I think.

I'm not sure what to do now, do I need to change my boot or can I just keep using them? Any other reason this might be happening or any advice??

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline rd350

• Glides at Will
  • Total GOE: 8
Re: Foot pain due to boot
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 07:28:53 PM »
Have you gone back to the shop you got them at?  Maybe you can get re-heat fitted or get them punched out where they hurt if they think it makes sense.

You can also try some gel pads possibly and see if those help.
Working on Silver MITF and Bronze Freestyle

Offline skatemom189

• Mohawk of Doom
  • Total GOE: 3
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 07:35:55 PM »
They might not be stiff enough.  Those are stiffness 30.  My daughter wore risports model Lux, stiffness 30 several times before moving stiffer.  Her first pair at that stiffness was when she was 4 and same level as you.  An adult needs stiffer boots than  young child to support their extra weight.  I suggest you consider model RF3, stiffness 60, or Royal Pro stiffness 65.

Offline Query

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 11:45:20 PM »
More info needed.

If the pain develops very soon after putting on the skates, they might be too tight there.

If the pain develops slowly, they might be too loose there, so you are developing a blister.

It does not often occur that tying loosely helps skaters.

Offline LoveDance

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 01:16:32 AM »
The boot might not be conforming to your foot orientation. Experienced skate boot dealer should be able to tell which brand skates would work best for you based on the shape and composition of your feet.  Also, you might have higher arches, and Reesport mostly accommodates feet with lower arches, hence, you experience foot pain. Getting insoles with good arch support might help, but Reesport boots are not made for having foreign  material /objects being incerted into them, which is the same case for Edea.  I would also research the manufacturer and see if you could find specs for their boots and if they provide any recommendations as to what can be used to compensate for the arch difference problem.