You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Courmayeur Sports Center, Italy  (Read 3166 times)

Offline nicklaszlo

• Three-Penny Three-Turns
  • Total GOE: 221
Courmayeur Sports Center, Italy
« on: November 02, 2019, 10:21:35 PM »
This rink is a short track speed skating training center.  I didn't bring my skates because I didn't know the place I would be waiting for several hours had an ice rink.

The location is amazingly beautiful.

The ice was surrounded by speed skating padding.

I watched the routine ice maintenance and a figure skating class.  This class was amazingly advanced, with triple jumps and so on.  You can see some of the skaters who were in the class on their Facebook page.  I was particularly impressed by a drill they did where they performed a Killian choctaw followed by a back outside rocker.

https://www.facebook.com/skatingclubcourmayeur/

The rink has stained glass windows.  When mist formed over the ice, it was really cool to watch the colored sun beams pass through it.

The most impressive thing about the rink was the seating.  These are definitely the best ice rink seats I have ever seen.  They even have free wifi if you sit in just the right place.

The ice looked fine (they'd just fixed it up).

If you want to engage in some ice rink tourism, this one should be near the top of your bucket list.

Online Bill_S

• Over the Edge
  • Total GOE: 369
  • Whack! Bam! Ouch!
    • Bill's skating pages
Re: Courmayeur Sports Center, Italy
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 08:00:30 AM »
Wow!

That makes me want to renew my passport and go there. From your photos, it doesn't surprise me that it's so far north in Italy and so close to Switzerland.
Bill Schneider

Offline AlbaNY

• Kid Magnet
  • Total GOE: 128
Re: Courmayeur Sports Center, Italy
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 04:45:43 PM »
WOW.  I hope I could get there and try out a session or two there some day.  It's lovely!  Those seats look so comfortable, but the stained glass is a nicer touch since I wouldn't be in the seats.   ;D

I'm thinking of reviewing the rinks I've been to in this section when I find some time.  There are about twenty that I can write about.  :)