You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Insoles for new Harlicks?  (Read 1164 times)

Offline IceAngel2011

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
Insoles for new Harlicks?
« on: June 08, 2015, 04:48:05 PM »
Hi everyone!

I just got a new pair of custom Harlicks and I'm finding the footbed very hard.  I've been in their lambswool coaching boots for several years now so it's going to be a transition anyway, but even compared to other skaters' Gam or Jackson my footbed seems to have little padding/shock absorption.  My concern is that I'm feeling it in my knees and it's even a little hard on my feet.  Can anyone suggest a reasonable insole to try to help with this problem?  Would Superfeet be a good solution?

Many thanks for any/all suggestions!

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
Re: Insoles for new Harlicks?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 06:48:51 PM »
I've had good luck w/ Superfeet, but you can find lambswool insoles here: https://www.google.com/search?q=lambswool+insoles&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I don't like them because I think they wear out too fast, but I'm hard on stuff.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline rd350

• Glides at Will
  • Total GOE: 8
Re: Insoles for new Harlicks?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 08:56:37 PM »
Superfeet are pretty hard.  What kind of foot do you have.  Do you pronate? Supinate?  Neutral?

I have had a ton of issues with arch cramping in my custom Harlicks (since December).  Just sent them back and had some tweaks and although it's better I am still cramping.  Unfortunately they glued in the insole.  Not sure how I'm going to handle that....  The new insole is supposed to be cushioned but is really not cushy almost at all.
Working on Silver MITF and Bronze Freestyle