You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Equipment and Service Discounts for coaches and instructors?  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Query

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
Does anyone know of any equipment (e.g., Skates, blades, clothing...) or service discounts and other benefits available to skating coaches and instructors?

------

I'm guessing that for me, at the bottom rung of the instructor hierarchy - an unpaid, uninsured volunteer instructor, whose LTS program registered its volunteers as USFSA Basic Skills Instructors, there are few benefits available - but would love to find out otherwise.

But from time to time I have heard of benefits and discounts offered by various skate and blade companies, and by pro shops, for "real" coaches. E.g., half price boots, blades, etc.

Perhaps such a thread would be useful to skating coaches and instructors.

If known, please provide the known qualifications and documentation needed to obtain the benefit.

I'll provide one such benefit to start the thread:

Registered USFSA Basic Skills instructors are entitled to take PSA on-line classes to obtain "CER-C" level certification.
The classes cover a lot of information about teaching techniques and basic skating skills.
Available classes are mentioned here: https://psa.prosperitylms.com/req/psa_student/index.cfm?prog=43&sidebar_link=6
USFSA's website said the classes were free, but that's wrong - PSA says it costs $15, charged to PSA by their website manager.
See   http://www.skatepsa.com/CER.htm. I think you just provide your membership # and facility name associated with your instructor registration.

Offline nicklaszlo

• Three-Penny Three-Turns
  • Total GOE: 221
Re: Equipment and Service Discounts for coaches and instructors?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 09:55:34 PM »
Rainbo Sports offers a discount to pros.  I do not know the details.