You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: New rules for ISI Dance competitions  (Read 1082 times)

Offline sampaguita

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 44
New rules for ISI Dance competitions
« on: September 19, 2013, 07:42:32 AM »
Copied from the ISI website:

This is the skater’s version of Ballroom Dancing. Test levels begin with basic steps and patterns, and then advance to a high performance level. All skaters must pass the required dance tests to compete in these events. Ice Dancing can be enjoyed at any age or level. Skaters are not required to pass the Delta test to participate in Ice Dance events. Skaters are no longer required to pass the entire dance test for the next higher level before competing individual dances from that next higher level that have already been passed.

For ISI national events, all dancers can choose to compete in any or all dances from their highest completed test level. A separate event entry fee is required for each dance selected.

- See more at: http://www.skateisi.com/site/Sub.Cfm?Content=Events_National_Event_Descriptions#sthash.WRksfQI1.dpuf

So if I haven't passed Rhythm Blues yet but have passed Canasta Tango (which means I haven't passed Dance 3), can I compete in both the Dutch Waltz and the Canasta Tango?