You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: DD wants to join synchro team  (Read 23231 times)

Offline Newicemom2016

• Designated Spinner
  • Total GOE: 0
DD wants to join synchro team
« on: February 17, 2018, 07:58:06 PM »
Hi
Thank you again in advance for the responses and advice, I really appreciate it !  She has made friends and wants to skate with them and join the synchro team.  She has her PMIF scheduled.  Her coach wants her to wait another year and become a better single skater, he claims that synchro takes away from that.  What do you guys think?  After the coach drama I am noticing she is not having as much fun as before.  I think being part of a team with girls she knows will make her have fun again.  I will still keep her in 2 or 3 privates and practice sessions like she has now.  Do you think it’s a good plan?

Offline alejeather

• Ice Tourist
  • Total GOE: 23
Re: DD wants to join synchro team
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 03:50:51 PM »
A lot of synchro teams require you to continue to take private lessons outside of synchro. If it's what she's interested in, then I say go for it! Even though synchro takes place on ice in figure skates, I think there are aspects of the sport which make it very different, and it's a good venue for people who like to skate and perform but are not as interested in going for individual glory.
"Any day now" turned out to be November 14, 2014.