You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Temporary Mounted Blade re-alignment on a Polyurethane sole  (Read 1154 times)

Offline MiaHoll

• Under the Edge
  • Total GOE: 2
Temporary Mounted Blade re-alignment on a Polyurethane sole
« on: August 18, 2013, 03:53:05 AM »
My blades are temporarily mounted to my Risport boot which has a polyurethane sole.  I have tried moving my blades over to the right using the slots.  But my blades need to be moved further over to the right.  Will my blades be able to be moved?  Or will the holes from my current temporary mounting be a problem?

I used to be able to do all my elements (jumps up to Lutz and spins up to Layback) very well before I was hit by a car as a pedestrian in '09.  Since then I have been having a lot of difficulties balancing when skating fast.  When I attempt to do a fast backspin first my blade skids sideways from under me on the entry edge then as the spin gains speed I end up on a very deep outside edge which creates too much friction and really slows my spin back down again.  I have been trying to regain my balance for nearly four years.  All the coaches I've had say my positions are correct and eventually give up on me because no matter what I do or change or strengthen my balance on both skates leans to the right.  My doctor believes my center of gravity is off to the right (I have trauma induced scoliosis, kyphosis, and my neck is out of alignment).  I have tried many different insoles and I have been checked for pronation/supination (I don't have either) my feet are in great health and I don't need custom orthotics. 

Mod note: moved to the Pro Shop

Offline amy1984

• Wearing Blade Guards on the Ice
  • Total GOE: 14
Re: Temporary Mounted Blade re-alignment on a Polyurethane sole
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 05:10:21 PM »
I think so.  I thought you meant a plastic sole, but looking it up, I think you mean the coating on the bottom?  If so, yes.  I've had mine moved on my RF3's.  However, if you mean that the sole itself is made of a plastic type material, then I'd say no, they most likely can't be moved.

Offline MiaHoll

• Under the Edge
  • Total GOE: 2
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 08:54:20 PM »
You're right I think the sole is coated with polyurethane.  Risport's website says the sole is polyurethane.  Unfortunately my soles are made from a plastic like material. 

Offline amy1984

• Wearing Blade Guards on the Ice
  • Total GOE: 14
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 11:26:30 PM »
Soles can be made out of polyeurathane but the bottoms can also be coated if I'm reading the risport info properly.  I think the bottoms of mine are coated??  But I DO know that if you have poly (plastic) molded soles, it's not a good idea to move the blades.