You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Klingbeil Sale  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Sk8Dreams

• CER-B
  • Quintuple Salflutzchow
  • Total GOE: 70
  • On Edge
Klingbeil Sale
« on: April 23, 2013, 02:55:08 PM »
I just got a call from Klingbeils telling me they are having a sale on custom and stock boots until 4/30.  The customs are $200 off, but I didn't get the info on the stock boots.  Call if you are interested.
My glass is half full :)

Offline retired

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 71
Re: Klingbeil Sale
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 06:20:45 PM »
I got that phone call too, except my husband answered and told me later, Oh, the skates company called about having a sale - considering I switch around between three different pairs of skates this was confusing until I saw the number in the phone and figured out the area code.     I'm going to call them back soon.

Offline Sk8Dreams

• CER-B
  • Quintuple Salflutzchow
  • Total GOE: 70
  • On Edge
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 11:54:42 AM »
I feel tempted.  My current Jackson Elle's are comfortable, which was my primary concern when I bought them, but my foot slides forward significantly if I use the toe pick, as in a bunny hop or side toe hop.  DH, however, pointed out that I have never had a perfect fit, even through 2 pair of custom Klingbeils, so it seems a lot to spend, even with the sale, to take another chance.
My glass is half full :)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 12:31:51 PM »
I don't think I received a call unless one of the kids took it and didn't give me a message.  Now, that's possible since I just found out that a library book I reserved went back into circulation because I didn't get the message to pick it up until after I found the hold had expired.

Just as well: I placed an order for SP-Teris two weeks ago.  They won't be ready until late May because SP-Teri is closing down for two weeks' vacation.  I told the local fitter that I'd rather have them made right rather than have them made fast, especially since I ordered a flex notch in a stock boot. 

I have a boxful of blades in the garage that I can choose from (based on sole length) once they're here, so I won't be skating on them anytime soon.  Still might need insoles and the in-house skate tech typically goes away at the end of May, so he won't be available to mount the blades anyway.

I felt regret when I read this because I did love my Klingbeils, but this last custom pair just didn't fit properly, even after several adjustments  and my PT thinks it might have contributed to the nagging ankle injury. 

I'm not skating at a level that demands customs any more, so I figured I'd try to find a pair of stock boots that work for my feet so I can get some consistency back in my skating.
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com