You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: My left skate  (Read 1137 times)

Offline sk8great

• Figure skating isn't a sport. me: -flashes blades-
  • Diamond Blocking
  • Total GOE: 33
My left skate
« on: December 31, 2012, 11:59:46 AM »
So on my left skate, after I get off the ice, the tongue leans to the left. This happens when I lace my skate up until the 3rd hook. But, when I lace the skate all the way up, it wont do this at all. This doesn't really happen on my right skate. Why is that? Do you think my left foot is pronated? Are there any inserts? Keep in mind that I got fitted at my pro shop (rainbo sports) before I bought these skates. They fit really well on me.

Offline ONskater74

• Intergalactic Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 10
Re: My left skate
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 08:00:42 PM »
You've got the Marquis, right?
Just position the tongue correctly when you put them on, make sure it is centered and snug. Then tighten your skates up. A properly tightened skate won;t have the tongue shifting around. get 'em tight!
I usually give a firm heel thump or two when I first put my skates on to make sure my heel is firmly back where it belongs, then tighten from there. TIGHT  8)

Offline sk8great

• Figure skating isn't a sport. me: -flashes blades-
  • Diamond Blocking
  • Total GOE: 33
Re: My left skate
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 08:15:16 PM »
You've got the Marquis, right?
Just position the tongue correctly when you put them on, make sure it is centered and snug. Then tighten your skates up. A properly tightened skate won;t have the tongue shifting around. get 'em tight!
I usually give a firm heel thump or two when I first put my skates on to make sure my heel is firmly back where it belongs, then tighten from there. TIGHT  8)

Ha. This was old! Everything's fine now! ;D Thanks anyway!