You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: For the Aussies - New Online Skate Shop  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Jennymd

• Sour Cow Herd
  • Total GOE: 3
For the Aussies - New Online Skate Shop
« on: March 12, 2012, 12:00:34 AM »
Hi fellow Aussie skaters,

I just stumbled upon an online Australian Skate shop that I've never seen before, it must be new (either that or it has somehow not appeared in all the previous searches I've done):

Ice Monster
http://www.icemonster.com.au

They seem to have mainly hockey gear, but they also stock a small range of figure skates and accessories for the best local prices I've ever seen! E.g. They have Jackson Freestyle set for $379, when Canterbury iSkate sells it for $495!! Chloe Noel pants for $65 instead of $120! Mondor tights for $19 for Footed, $24 for Over the boot.

I haven't bought anything from them yet, so I don't know what they are like, but it sounds like a good option for future purchases! Hopefully they'll increase their range of stock.

Offline aussieskater

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 52
Re: For the Aussies - New Online Skate Shop
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 03:12:09 AM »
Wow Jenny what a find - these are excellent local prices!  I've never heard of these guys - some digging around their website says they're in NSW so I assume they're in Sydney??  You're right their product range is small; so is their size range (eg: looked at Cor Ace blaces - they only run from 8 to 9.5 inch).

Watch out bricks-and-mortar stores!  I  buy a lot online, as I resent paying the steep prices being asked by brick-and-mortar shops.  I'd prefer to buy locally online rather than offshore, so this is a must-save website for me.

Offline karne

• On the Edge
  • Total GOE: 11
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 07:41:30 AM »
Wow, this looks great!

I've always been horrified by the prices offered by Australian pro shops and have always been so quick to buy from overseas when the dollar is strong, but if I can get those good prices I will DEFINITELY buy local!
"Three months in figure skating is nothing. Three months is like 5 minutes in a day. 5 minutes in 24 hours - that's how long you've been working on this. And that's not long at all. You are 1000% better than you were 5 minutes ago." -- My coach

ISA Preliminary! Passed 13/12/14!

Offline kiwiskater

• Always a Flip, Never a Back Flip
  • Total GOE: 59
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 04:26:01 PM »
Aw that's so cool, send them across the ditch :)