You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: GAM Gold or Silver boots?  (Read 1477 times)

Offline peanutskates

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
GAM Gold or Silver boots?
« on: May 31, 2011, 09:21:08 AM »
I need to get some new boots, and wanted to try GAMs since I heard they're good for wide feet. But I'm a little confused about which model to get (and I cannot get them fitted since there is no shop that sells them near where I live).

I'm landing 2sal, 2toe and 2loop consistently, and 2flip, 2lutz some of the time. I'm quite tall and weigh 65-70kg. My current skates are RF2s, they have broken down quite spectacularly within a year (the tongue is ripped on the sides, I have to retie them every 30 mins and they feel soft, especially after jumping).

So my question is, should I get GAM Silver or Gold? This website (http://www.shop.kinziescloset.com/Womens-GAM-Skates_c108.htm) claims that Silver is good for USFS 4-5, and Gold for Senior Free; so Silver seems too low, but Gold may be too stiff? Should I go up to Gold and hope they break in? I need these skates to last for at least 3 years.

Advice or suggestions about other skate models welcome :) Thanks!