You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Chloe Noel  (Read 6771 times)

Offline momomizu

• Zamboni Driver
  • Total GOE: 9
  • Cosplay
Chloe Noel
« on: December 27, 2010, 07:42:49 PM »
I know they're ridiculously expensive, but my uncle said he's going to get a pair for me. They've been on my unwritten wish list for awhile since I need new pants anyway. Plus, I would like to splurge this once. ^_^ Anyway I took my measurements. I'm a shortie. 5'  (I'm 19)and a bit on the averageish side:
waist: 26"
hips: 35.5"
thigh: 21.5"  :sweat
according to chloe noels site, i'd be an adult S or M. Should I tell him to get S or M? I'm not sure if it's better to go bigger just in case, or smaller and hope it's the right fit....I don't want them to be loose.
here's their size chart: http://www.chloenoel.com/Pages/SIZE%20CHART.html

Offline davincisop

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 162
  • 2017 Goal: Pass Bronze Dances
Re: Chloe Noel
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 07:58:41 PM »
Go for the medium, theyre really snug. :)

Offline Sierra

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 97
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 08:06:40 PM »
Though I'm much, much taller, your waist/hip measurements are a couple inches bigger than mine. I wear the Mediums, and they're a tiny bit loose on me (Small woulda been too short, so had to get medium) Get the mediums- they should fit you perfectly in comparison to my measurements.

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 08:17:05 PM »
Get the mediums.

BTW, Chloe Noel insists that you have to use their special detergent/soap, which is just as pricey as the pants themselves.

I found that Old Navy had a quality-lycra pants that were perfect for skating, so that's what I wear for synchro now.  $10/pair - can't beat that price.  I don't need a $50 swirl down the leg, lol. 

"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline momomizu

• Zamboni Driver
  • Cosplay
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 08:33:22 PM »
alright^_^ thanks everyone! I'll keep Old Navy in mind. I'm not bothering with their detergent. I heard from other people who own CN's just throw them in the wash in cold water on delicate and air dry. If they fade, well, they fade. I'm going to get the reversible ones with the side stripe.

Offline Sk8tmum

• Click of Death
  • Location: An arena, of course. More specifically, a Canadian arena.
  • Total GOE: 143
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 10:14:01 PM »
I  just wash the things in the delicate cyle of my front loader with the same detergent I get for lingerie; they wear like iron, they don't pill or snag, and they hold their shape beautifully. After nearly 2 years of very hard wear, they still look like new: this includes coaching, skating, falling, getting up etc. They've outlasted everything we've had except for ... sigh ... the old BlueSkys skatewear line. I figure they're good value for the dollar given how long they last.

Watch for them on sale ... I've seen them on a bunch of different US skate sites at a discount - !

However, there is at least 2 different types: the ones that are made of the "novelty stretch fabric"  aren't as warm or thick as the "classic sanded Poly Spandex Fabric"; there is now a new polar fleece type, we haven't had any like that. The ones you want, they are the classic fabric, and we've been very happy with them: because they're reversible, you can flip them to plain black and they "pass" as regular stretch pants instead of skating pants.

We bought the ladies large for my daughter: she's about your hip size, smaller waist, however, we had to go for that one because of the length of her leg - she's very very tall for a skater and long-legged. I will point out that they do fit very snug in the thigh and crotch area, but, not, fortunately as tight and - defining - as lululemon pants do (she wears a 6 or 8 in that brand.

I would contact them and ask for advice. We had a problem with a jacket for my little DD. The fabric didn't wear well ... I e-mailed them, they immediately replaced it at zero cost, and the new jacket has worn as well as the pants have. The customer service is fantastic.

Offline momomizu

• Zamboni Driver
  • Cosplay
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 12:33:21 AM »
great! thanks for the extra info! i'm glad they'll last. I'm getting the purple. I'll get the jacket some day. I just need the pants since my others are going grey since i wear them for regular use too. Do the pants hold up well to lunges? I passed Basic 6, but willl repeat cuz I dont feel i've mastered the elements well enough even with public session practice.

Offline Sk8tmum

• Click of Death
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 08:03:18 AM »
Our rink is about 65% Chloe wearers. I've seen them skidded across the ice in double axel attempts; work in off-ice wrestling matches by little girls; definitely used in lunges, drags, and in show pieces; seen them rolled up and shoved in skate bags; dragged on the ground; etc etc etc and still keep going. I like the way they fit in terms of what they do and do - not - cling to and define, particularly when working on a spiral sequence ... :angel: They're designed for skating, and that's what they work well for. Added bonus they're reasonably warm and help support tired muscles on the ice. Not, of course, as well as, say, UnderArmour running tights, but, they do a good job for what they're intended for.

BTW: my DD coaches little ones.  The little ones have been able to slash lululemon leggings with a wildly swung skate in a temper tantrum (and the leg underneath) - but, have yet to tear through Chloe pants.  Maybe an odd benefit of the pants, but, my kid appreciates it :laugh:

Offline momomizu

• Zamboni Driver
  • Cosplay
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 12:05:30 PM »
wow. all the awkward falling/flying i do, i need some durable pants, lol. Yowch, i wonder then if Chloe's are made from the same material as the little neck guard bibs for speed skating?

The ones I normally wear are Miley Cyrus and Max Azria Black jersey(?) knit stretch skinny pants. They work but they have a hole in the crotch and inside thighs.(I wear black spandex shorts underneath when I wear  them T-T They did hold up when i clicked on BXOs and jammed the heel of the blade into the back of my thigh. No wound, just bruising. My mom just got me a pair of normal everyday wear type leggings(the tag says "made for me to look amazing") that i've worn once but it was cold since it was an outdoor rink.

Offline Sierra

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 97
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 12:23:00 PM »
I throw mine in the handwash cycle in my (er, mom's) frontloader. Then I hang them up to dry (don't trust the dryer). The color doesn't even bleed at all, so you can throw all your light-colored bras and such in the same load with the pants. I use normal detergent, the same one that I use for everything else.

Mine have tiny holes on the back of the heel, but that is because I force them to stretch over the heel. After all, the reason I got them was so they would camouflage my feet- heel pullovers work wonderfully for this. They are a couple inches short for me. But the holes do not ladder, stretch or gape like tights/cheap fabric does.

The jacket isn't necessary, in my opinion. Jackets do not see the wear that pants do (they don't get fallen on as much, and aren't even worn for half the session).

My only complaint is that stupid gusset on them. The stitching defines the shape. Which is why I hate doing spirals with coach right behind me.

Offline Sk8tmum

• Click of Death
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 03:39:24 PM »
My mom just got me a pair of normal everyday wear type leggings(the tag says "made for me to look amazing") that i've worn once but it was cold since it was an outdoor rink.

hmmm ... if you're cold, then, look into UnderArmour Frosty Tights. Both of my kids wear them when it's cold; DS under his skating pants, DD as her skating pants - and they are warm, they look great, hold an UltraCrash pad securely, and wear like crazy. They are very snug in the lower leg though, so, if you want to pull them over the boot, it's not going to happen without some seamstress work. And, yes, they are flattering to the figure for female skaters  88)  Actually, layered UnderArmour in general is a good skating outfit ... you can start with the bras (which are great), throw on a tank, then a t-shirt or long-sleeve shirt, then a jacket and strip down/layer up as you warm up and cool down ... all come in nice basic black with accent colours, and all are very durable, plus doubling nicely for gym wear (skating pants are usually too long to work well in a gym).

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 10:28:54 PM »
A few kids at our rink wear Chloe Noel.  One of the Basic 6 skaters just received a pair of the pants for Christmas along with new skates.  I helped her tie the skates today and I discreetly checked out the pants.  They're a nice, heavyweight material.  I don't like the over-the-heel look myself and it does stretch the pants, making it thinner and more easily damaged. 

Of course, one of my DDs now wants a pair.  Maybe after I get the crash pads they need for jumps.

I forgot to mention that I've been wearing Champion tops all season long, layered as sk8tmum suggests: a t-shirt, turtleneck, then a fleece jacket.  (I went color-crazy though - I wear too much black.)  They're a nice combination of layers to stay warm and keep going.
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline momomizu

• Zamboni Driver
  • Cosplay
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 10:50:12 AM »
thanks for the washing info! Hm, maybe I'll refrain from putting it over the heel to often...
 I'll definitely look into the Champion tops.