You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Sharpening in San Jose, CA  (Read 2098 times)

Offline irenar5

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 61
Sharpening in San Jose, CA
« on: October 23, 2019, 04:02:29 PM »
Could you please recommend a sharpening technician in San Jose, CA?  (Sharks Ice)
Thanks!  I just moved to the area and started skating again.

Offline Sibelius

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 1
Re: Sharpening in San Jose, CA
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2019, 12:46:18 AM »
Welcome to San Jose.

Best advice is not at the pro shop, ever.  The former pro shop manager, sorry can't remember his name (he very recently retired) was evidently good. We never used him, but he's gone now and I don't have any contact information for him.  Rumor was he was going to continue sharpening on his own so you could ask around the pro shop how to contact him.

Jonathon O'Daugherty (ice dance coach at Sharks) sharpens, but you have to leave them with him. Lots of skaters use him, mine didn't like his sharpening at all.  Better to go to Teri Ann Brown at Ice Oasis in Redwood City, also have to leave them with her, or in the locker, she generally doesn't do them while you wait.  Better option (what we do) is make an appt. and go up to South San Francisco (an hour away without traffic) to Sp-Teri for George or Aaron Spiteri, who will have them done while you wait.  My skater will only have hers sharpened there.  Won't even go back to Teri Ann (who's really good).

Jonathon O’Dougherty 408.387.4592 pamandjonathon@gmail.com www.pamandjon.com

Teri Ann is at http://www.figureskatingproshop.com

Sp-Teri's website only has contact info for the new Tennessee facility, but George and Aaron operate out of the old facility in SSF.  Their number is 650-871-1715.