You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: US Icewear  (Read 1653 times)

Offline fsk8r

• Sharp Skates
  • Total GOE: 49
US Icewear
« on: November 25, 2016, 01:23:19 PM »
I know a few people here have tried their dresses, I was just wanting to hear what your opinion is of them.
I like a couple of their designs but being based overseas it's a big of a gamble when buying.

Offline skategeek

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 260
  • or is that geekyskater?
Re: US Icewear
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 07:33:03 PM »
I was very happy with the dress I got two years ago.  (I think I posted a picture of it here somewhere.)  A couple of caveats, though.  I live close enough that I was able to go and try on a bunch of things until I found one that worked for me (off the rack; no adjustments needed, and I stoned it myself).  So I have no direct experience with having anything custom made or shipped from afar.  And I'm a very low level skater (competed at ISI Alpha level), so I wasn't looking for anything really fancy.  Having said all that, I was very happy with the experience and the dress!

Offline fsk8r

• Sharp Skates
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 08:20:25 AM »
I was very happy with the dress I got two years ago.  (I think I posted a picture of it here somewhere.)  A couple of caveats, though.  I live close enough that I was able to go and try on a bunch of things until I found one that worked for me (off the rack; no adjustments needed, and I stoned it myself).  So I have no direct experience with having anything custom made or shipped from afar.  And I'm a very low level skater (competed at ISI Alpha level), so I wasn't looking for anything really fancy.  Having said all that, I was very happy with the experience and the dress!

How was the sizing? I think my main concern is to buy a dress which is too small. I don't really want anything custom and am happy to stone myself.

Where abouts is the store based? I think it's NJ. Is it anywhere near I78? I sometimes go over for business so theoretically could call in myself for dress buying, although I suspect on this occasion I would be shipping as I can't work out how to wangle a business trip ahead of my next potential competition.

Offline skategeek

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 260
  • or is that geekyskater?
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 09:46:03 AM »
It's a large; I typically wear a large so I'd say the sizing is accurate.

She works out of her house, which is in East Hanover, NJ right off of Rt. 10.  It's north of I-78 but not too far.  (So long as you're in the area you could skate!  There are at least 5 rinks within about a 10 mile radius of her place.)

Offline davincisop

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 162
  • 2017 Goal: Pass Bronze Dances
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 11:07:09 AM »
I LOVE my US Icewear dresses. The nice part is you can input your measurements to make sure she sizes correctly.

Unfortunately, I lost weight (which I am happy about), so my two dresses from her no longer fit (boo.). But when I was 40 pounds heavier I could fit in a medium no problem, and that fit for a good 30 pound fluctuation.

Now they're baggy. But I would 10/10 buy from her again. She's at our competitions often, so I bought one on the spot there earlier this year when I needed an ice dance dress. It's gorgeous and I'm bummed it doesn't fit anymore.

Offline fsk8r

• Sharp Skates
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 03:49:54 PM »
I LOVE my US Icewear dresses. The nice part is you can input your measurements to make sure she sizes correctly.

Unfortunately, I lost weight (which I am happy about), so my two dresses from her no longer fit (boo.). But when I was 40 pounds heavier I could fit in a medium no problem, and that fit for a good 30 pound fluctuation.

Now they're baggy. But I would 10/10 buy from her again. She's at our competitions often, so I bought one on the spot there earlier this year when I needed an ice dance dress. It's gorgeous and I'm bummed it doesn't fit anymore.

Thank you very much. It's great to hear that they're as good as they look on the computer screen. I just need to find out how much she'll charge to ship overseas (waiting for a response to my email at the moment).