You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Jackson boot heat molding  (Read 2099 times)

Offline mnrjpf99

• Diamond Blocking
  • Total GOE: 4
Jackson boot heat molding
« on: September 30, 2016, 07:51:30 PM »
The other day, I had a nice pair of Jackson boots in my size, given to me. The only issue is, that they are narrow in the toe box. I am not sure of the age but the numbers inside are just "1893" and the size 5 1/2 M. They came with Ultima Mark IV blades. The tongue only says "Jackson" in silver lettering and their trade mark symbol.
My question is, how can I tell if the boots are heat moldable or not? My baby toes are screaming for more room. Lol

Offline dkd

• Sour Cow Herd
  • Total GOE: 19
Re: Jackson boot heat molding
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 09:17:12 PM »
Probably punching out the toe box would be better in this situation. I would recommend that.

Offline Loops

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 112
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 12:45:38 AM »
Agree with dkd.

They sound like good beginner/ entry level boots. These are usually not heat moldable. You'll want to take them to a proshop for punching out. They'll be able to tell you about heat molding possibilities for them. Awesome friend you have!

Make sure you call around to find a shop with someone who specializes in figure skates. You may need an appointment.

Offline lutefisk

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 153
    • On Thin Ice
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 09:34:46 AM »
Even after a punch out of the baby toe side of the foot box you might want use these (or similar) to give a bit of cushioning to that side of your foot:  http://www.bungapads.com/bunga-bunionette-pad-universal-bp.html

Offline mnrjpf99

• Diamond Blocking
  • Total GOE: 4
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 05:30:30 PM »
I agree that I highly believe that the boots are a beginner boot. I am having them punched out as we speak. They are a very stiff boot compared to my Riedell's. At least they are the right size in length.

I am also going to look into the Bunionettes as well. Thanks guys for the tips. :0)

Offline Query

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 09:36:35 PM »
If you send pictures of the boots, inside, out, and look for markings on the inside, outside, and footbed (under the insoles) and outsoles too, to Jackson, they may be able to identify what type of boot you have.

Look at http://www.jacksonskates.com for contact info.

You can make yourself a lot more space to play with by removing the current insoles, then making something of your own to substitute if needed.