You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: CrossFit  (Read 1676 times)

Offline sk8great

• Figure skating isn't a sport. me: -flashes blades-
  • Diamond Blocking
  • Total GOE: 33
CrossFit
« on: February 07, 2016, 12:50:30 AM »
Helloooo! It's been a while since I've last posted on here, but it's good to be back.  :love:

Im currently in FS2 and lets just say that Im a pretty heavy guy. Just recently my coach mentioned on how I should start loosing weight so I could perform much better, get higher jumps, etc. Not just that, but I wanna shed off some lbs in preparation for higher levels and just to get into a healthier lifestyle in general. Im really motivated to, I just dont know how to start. So there's this crossfit place nearby and it got me thinking if it would be a good off ice work out. I skate for about 3 times a week, 4-5 hours per session. I was thinking of doing crossfit in between one of those days. Would crossfit be much more ideal than going to the gym? So just in general, would crossfit be an ideal off ice work out for skaters?

Offline skategeek

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 260
  • or is that geekyskater?
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 06:53:51 PM »
Late to respond to this, but my own philosophy right now is that the best off ice exercise is the one that you'll actually do.   :)  So if you're more likely to go do crossfit than go to the gym, do crossfit.  Other opinions may differ; I'm so out of shape that really anything I do would be helpful, so I'm not too picky about selecting the "best" for skating per se.  It's more about fit with my own schedule, etc.