You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Yuzuru Hanyu's exhibition program  (Read 2741 times)

Offline sampaguita

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 44
Yuzuru Hanyu's exhibition program
« on: January 01, 2013, 08:01:06 AM »
I *just* have to share this. Despite the connecting moves being relatively easy (I've never seen so many crossovers in one performance!), Yuzuru's artistry just shows. And oh, was that a quad FLIP?! Well it turned out to be a triple, but that's beside the point, lol!

I look forward to seeing Yuzuru Hanyu in the 2014 Olympics! This kid is definitely one to watch.

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
Re: Yuzuru Hanyu's exhibition program
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 09:22:38 AM »
I am a big Yuzuru fan!! Haha he currently has 4T and 4S (newly added this season) in the long program, no 4F yet. Beautiful song. IIRC the exhibition program was thrown together in a short time for NHK, and fans requested him to skate it again at Nationals - this time with live performance from the artist! 

I admire that he performed it full out, even singing along on some difficult elements!! (Was about to ask last week if anyone sang during performances with lyrics...)

Offline sampaguita

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 44
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 07:45:55 PM »
jjane: Happy New Year to a fellow Yuzuru fan! :)

I loved how Yuzuru was singing the entire time (except for the Bauer and the jumps). That must have been really hard. (Btw some behind-the-scenes footage is , with translations http://nonchan1023.tumblr.com/).  I wish him all the best in his coming competitions!

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 10:02:33 PM »
Thanks for the video and translation! Here is the direct link to the translation in case it gets harder to find in the future.