You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Back Issues of Blades on Ice and American Skating World  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Likethewind

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
Back Issues of Blades on Ice and American Skating World
« on: August 30, 2012, 11:45:44 AM »
 :) I have about 90 back issues of Blades on Ice magazine - and also over 100 of the defunct newspaper of the 80s and 90s called American Skating World. THe former was a gorgeous publication with tons of huge glossy photos and great articles. THe latter was an equally fabulous publication of the opposite type - a newspaper with tons of articles on not just skaters, but techniques. I will sell any of these for $5 each plus postage calculated to where I'd be sending the magazine.
Many people with a love of skating will have subscribed to one or both of these publications - so this is more directed to skaters or lovers of the sport who have a particular interest in a certain skater or pair or dance couple , or certain events and who would like to have a magazine about them.
The magazines are in very good condition. The newspapers are also fine but have yellowed of course with age!
I am new at this so I don't know how to proceed -I assume anyone interested can email me privately.
(Oh - in case you are wondering why I am selling them - I haven't looked at them for years - I love the sport and watch all the major competitions, attend some, and skate myself, but I have read so much over the years that I don't need to hang on to this stuff anymore. A young skater who hero worships a particular skater would love these magazines and have fun with them)
Frances