You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: What is your program music?  (Read 1532 times)

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
What is your program music?
« on: June 08, 2011, 10:12:44 PM »
Chat about your current or future program music --- selection, cut, interpretation, costume etc.!

I happily went with a piano version of One Summer's Day from the movie Spirited Away. Coach pretty much listened to the music just once and told me exactly where to cut it the second time, and it came out way better than my attempt. The music is very soothing and delightful, maybe even a bit princessy but I am really loving every bit of it. As to interpretation... Um is that expected of me? Really?  ;D

Please jump in and share about your music!

Offline davincisop

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 162
  • 2017 Goal: Pass Bronze Dances
Re: What is your program music?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 10:59:09 PM »
My current music is "Bells of New York City" by Josh Groban. I'm already planning my Christmas program music though. :) And in October my friend and I are doing "Express" from Burlesque. :)

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 121
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 11:18:53 PM »
My current music is from Memoirs of a Geisha.  I think it is Chairman's Waltz, but am not really sure.  My coach picked it and he didn't tell me...it's just in Mirai Nagasu's Geisha program, so that's how I found out what it was from!

My artistic program is to "I feel pretty" from West Side Story.

I compete both for the first time this weekend!

Offline spiralina

• Pairs Partner
  • Total GOE: 10
  • lutz of love!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 02:52:45 AM »
Good luck, Skittl!

My test programme (1:30) is O Mio Babbino Caro from Puccini's Gianni Schicchi. Although I already have ideas for later level tests - Chopin's Revolutionary Etude or Sibelius' Finlandia, if I ever get that far (I think they demand impeccable flow and speed).

Offline Kim to the Max

• Ice is the Vice
  • Total GOE: 72
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 06:28:26 AM »
I am currently skating to Wonderland and LeeLoos by Maksim. It is extremely fast :)

I had An American Symphony from the movie Mr. Holland's Opus and music from Seven Years in Tibet for my Juv and Pre-Juv tests.

Offline MimiG

• CER-A
  • Intergalactic Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 64
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 07:29:03 AM »
My last program was to Wild Elephants/Blow-up-a-Go-Go, by James Clarke, with a bit of one of his slower songs first (that I forget the name of...) If I decide to compete again some day, I'll probably resurrect the program, since I loved skating it but never got to compete it.