You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Crystal Sizing  (Read 1270 times)

Offline isakswings

• Carrying Baton for Yelling At Hockey Boys
  • Total GOE: 22
Crystal Sizing
« on: May 20, 2011, 11:09:34 AM »
I am ordering crystals for my daughter's freeskate dress. Anyway... I can't remember if the 5 mm are good sized crystals or not? I ordered some 5 mm crystals last month, thinking they were the larger, only to discover that either the seller sent me the wrong size OR the larger crystals I already have are 6mm. I honestly don't remember ordering 6mm crystals, so I swear the larger stones I have are 5 mm! The 5 mm stones come in a gross so I would prefer ordering like that. The larger stones come in sets of 36 or 72. I don't know if this makes any sense... lol

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
Re: Crystal Sizing
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »
Can you measure them with a kid's school ruler?  Or take one or two to the craft store and compare the sizes to their small packages of stones, just to check the sizing?  I think I've seen sizing charts with little circles for each size.
-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright

Offline isakswings

• Carrying Baton for Yelling At Hockey Boys
  • Total GOE: 22
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 12:53:23 PM »
Thanks! I think that is what I will do. I found a size chart online and now I think the bigger crystals I have are 6mm. For some reason, I was thinking they were smaller. Oh well. I will order the larger size I guess! Good thing it only cost me 18.00 in fabric to make dd's dress. LOL!

Offline Kim to the Max

• Ice is the Vice
  • Total GOE: 72
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 04:02:14 PM »
Dreamtimecreations.com has a size chart on their website which is at actual size which I find helpful :)