You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Over the heel pants- for a short skater  (Read 9953 times)

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 121
    • Skittles Skates
Over the heel pants- for a short skater
« on: March 31, 2011, 02:22:38 PM »
Does anyone who is short, but not skinny, have experience with over the boot pants?

I really love the look and want to try Chloe Noel or FigureSkatewear's over the boot pants, but I'm worried my waist is going to need a size that corresponds to someone who is like 5'10".  I'm only 5'0 tall...

Any reviews from shorties?  (And maybe short, but not skinny...)

Offline Purple Sparkly

• CER-A
  • Compulsory Figures
  • Total GOE: 65
Re: Over the heel pants- for a short skater
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 02:42:50 PM »
Check out www.flowerdaze.com.  I haven't tried them, but I want a pair.  They are made by an adult skater, so if you e-mail her, maybe she can adjust it for you if necessary.

Offline davincisop

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 162
  • 2017 Goal: Pass Bronze Dances
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 05:46:43 PM »
I'm 5'1" and have chloe noels. I had mediums at my skinniest (140) and they were still tight, so you definitely have to go up a size in them for them to fit. As far as the length, they hit my feet and weren't too long at all.

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 06:20:04 PM »
Would you recommend a large at 140? Or medium but texpect tight?

Offline tazsk8s

• Freestyle Skater
  • Total GOE: 25
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 08:44:18 PM »
Would you recommend a large at 140? Or medium but texpect tight?

I'd be intrersted to hear, too, I'm in the same size range.

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 08:45:40 PM »

Ditto /sigh/
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline Kim to the Max

• Ice is the Vice
  • Total GOE: 72
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 09:02:44 PM »
Maybe I like my pants a little tighter, but I am about 5'3", currently 162 pounds, but, when I was a little heavier (179ish...I recently lost a lot of weight) I still wore a medium, and actually I am currently having the issue where my pants keep falling down...coach was teasing me the other week that I need to get some size small pants now!

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 09:07:17 PM »
And that was in chloe Noel? Or another brand?

Offline Kim to the Max

• Ice is the Vice
  • Total GOE: 72
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 09:12:13 PM »
I have 4 pairs of Chloe Noel pants...but even my size medium under armour area little loose...

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 09:16:12 PM »
Thanks.  My under armour size small are a little tight at the waist, but baggy because they are long.

Sounds like m will work for chloe...

Offline isakswings

• Carrying Baton for Yelling At Hockey Boys
  • Total GOE: 22
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 10:17:06 PM »
Does anyone who is short, but not skinny, have experience with over the boot pants?

I really love the look and want to try Chloe Noel or FigureSkatewear's over the boot pants, but I'm worried my waist is going to need a size that corresponds to someone who is like 5'10".  I'm only 5'0 tall...

Any reviews from shorties?  (And maybe short, but not skinny...)

Do you sew?? You can take a basic legging pattern and make them so they go over the boot. Just alter the bottom of the pant to widen into a bell shape. You can create the pattern yourself. The fabric won't be exactly the same unless you order polartec fleece. Just a thought! Oh and i think the "bell" wwould have to be about 8 in wide.

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 10:18:36 PM »
What kind of fabric are the Chloe Noel and Lululemon pants made from?
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 10:30:42 PM »
Polartec Power Stretch...

Offline davincisop

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 162
  • 2017 Goal: Pass Bronze Dances
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 12:05:53 AM »

I'm about 15 pounds heavier now. But at 140 I wish I'd had large because it created an ugly roll on my stomach that didn't exist and they were a bit tight so I was constantly adjusting them, and they fit a little odd in the crotch area (not a pleasant site but could hide it if I wore shirts long enough). I also couldn't wear colored underwear as you can see right through them. So going larger may have been the answer but I didn't have the money for that (mom bought them for me for Christmas a while back). 

I've in the last 8 months been wearing Lululemon leggings which are super comfy and are made to fit you well. However, they're expensive (again, my mother was awesome and bought me a pair). But they LAST.  I also have a pair of victoria's secret PINK boot cut sweats that I wear, too, that are really comfy and look really cute. :)

Offline icesk8r725

• Designated Spinner
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 10:05:51 PM »
I find that the chloe noel fabric seems to fit more snugly than other pants.  i usually wear a large but found them tighter than i'd like in the legs/thighs and tight in the waist.  i'm tall, so i can't relate to the leg length. 

Offline chowskates

• Traveling in a Synchro Circle
  • Total GOE: 33
    • ChowSkates
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 10:25:07 PM »
FWIW, I have a friend who is around 5 feet tall and wearing a M in Chloe Noel because she doesn't like to be squeezed at the waist.  Recently, I got ny2 http://www.ny2sportswear.com/ pants and though they say their size is the same as Chloe Noel, I find that the fit is about the same, but the waist feel not so tight.

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 11:02:58 AM »
FWIW, I have a friend who is around 5 feet tall and wearing a M in Chloe Noel because she doesn't like to be squeezed at the waist.  Recently, I got ny2 http://www.ny2sportswear.com/ pants and though they say their size is the same as Chloe Noel, I find that the fit is about the same, but the waist feel not so tight.

Is that a different brand than Chloe Noel?  They are all identical styles...

Anyhow- I looked at their size chart, and my waist isn't even on it... so I'm thinking these are not the pants for me...

Offline icesk8r725

• Designated Spinner
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 08:01:17 PM »
if your waist is smaller or larger then it is likely that they will fit- stretchy fabric can have a lot of give or be tight... i feel like as long as you're in the general ballpark you'd be good.  and most larger sizes fit me...and i am definitely a bit bigger

Offline chowskates

• ChowSkates
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 02:48:20 AM »
Is that a different brand than Chloe Noel?  They are all identical styles...

Anyhow- I looked at their size chart, and my waist isn't even on it... so I'm thinking these are not the pants for me...

They are different from Chloe Noel, but their sizing (and many other things) are the same as Chloe Noel. I think the size chart lists the measurements of the pants, not your body... and they will stretch. Now I see why it feels a little loose on me! :P

Offline fsk8r

• Sharp Skates
  • Total GOE: 49
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 03:41:12 AM »
How does the material of the NY2 compare to the Chloe Noels? If the sizing is really similar (they can even be shorter in the leg as my Chloes are WAY too long and I'm 5'6"), I might consider getting some as I'm needing a new pair. I've finally managed to make holes in my Chloes after 2 years of wearing them constantly.

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 09:40:17 AM »
I think the size chart lists the measurements of the pants, not your body... and they will stretch.

I really wish size charts (everywhere!) would tell you if they were garment measurements or optimal body measurements.  It makes a huge difference! 

I think for now, I'll just skip this idea.  It sounds like it would be too much of a size gamble (especially since the last poster said at 5'6" they found their too long.) and I have nowhere I could try them on.

Oh well...

Offline fsk8r

• Sharp Skates
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 10:05:44 AM »
I really wish size charts (everywhere!) would tell you if they were garment measurements or optimal body measurements.  It makes a huge difference! 

I think for now, I'll just skip this idea.  It sounds like it would be too much of a size gamble (especially since the last poster said at 5'6" they found their too long.) and I have nowhere I could try them on.

Oh well...

I just have the extra fabric gathered around the top of the boot (and I'm not sure if this is because I ordered the largest size and I really should have been a size down as I treated the size chart like skating dresses and went up a size). They don't look too ridiculous and I know smaller skaters with them. I think they're four way stretch, then perhaps you can use some of the leg length by having proper skater's thighs?
But agree how annoying it is to not be able to try them on first.

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 10:43:01 AM »
LOL- I don't have skaters thighs, I have fat girl thighs :(

I'm sure I would use some of the additional length in my thighs/butt, but it sounds like I would want a large, and I'm only 5 feet tall- that's going to be a lot of length, because the fabric from the calves can't transfer to my butt!

I'll just stick with my slightly too tight waisted under armour for now. 

Offline chowskates

• ChowSkates
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 01:54:25 PM »
How does the material of the NY2 compare to the Chloe Noels? If the sizing is really similar (they can even be shorter in the leg as my Chloes are WAY too long and I'm 5'6"), I might consider getting some as I'm needing a new pair. I've finally managed to make holes in my Chloes after 2 years of wearing them constantly.

I'm not sure how to compare to Chloe Noel, since Chloe Noel uses various different material depending on the model. Also, the only Chloe Noel I have used are the mock-jeans (I like that material), the fleece pants (which are nice and warm), and the 2-inch waist pants (very smooth and soft material) all of which are nothing similar to the ny2 print/rhinestone pants.

The ny2 print/rhinestone pants material is a bit stiff, but seems rather durable. The ny2 spiral pants are fleece, and this is very very similar to the Chloe Noel fleece pants.

Offline fsk8r

• Sharp Skates
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011, 02:47:28 PM »
I'm not sure how to compare to Chloe Noel, since Chloe Noel uses various different material depending on the model. Also, the only Chloe Noel I have used are the mock-jeans (I like that material), the fleece pants (which are nice and warm), and the 2-inch waist pants (very smooth and soft material) all of which are nothing similar to the ny2 print/rhinestone pants.

The ny2 print/rhinestone pants material is a bit stiff, but seems rather durable. The ny2 spiral pants are fleece, and this is very very similar to the Chloe Noel fleece pants.

I've got the Chloe Noels with the stripe down the side and I like that the material is durable and warm and relatively water resistant. I've had USIceWear pants in the past and although they're equally warm they were slightly shorter (never really went over the heel) and absorbed water dreadfully if you fell in a puddle in them.

Are the NY2 spiral pants a similar material to the Chloe spiral pants?