You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: riedell vs jackson  (Read 21011 times)

Offline isakswings

• Carrying Baton for Yelling At Hockey Boys
  • Total GOE: 22
Re: riedell vs jackson
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2011, 10:53:06 PM »
Are you able to take her to a full service pro shop? If so, do that. Hopefully they will have a variety of skates for you to look at.

Offline Jennymd

• Sour Cow Herd
  • Total GOE: 3
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2011, 01:54:17 AM »
Jackson Competitor boot and blade set is the lowest model that they will do D widths, but what you could do is get Jackson Freestyles in C width (or Classique if Freestyle is also too stiff, depends on her level/requirements) and have them stretched out to a D - this is what I had done to my Jackson Freestyles and it's great! (I really need something much wider like an E or EE width but at least D is better than squeezing into a C!).

Offline Nate

• BladeLock
  • Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 22
  • #AdultSkate
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2011, 03:09:39 PM »
I saw one of the kids with riedells ls...they are so PADDED...ooooo that has to be comfy!
Yea, I gave those boots a serious look when I was shopping, because they are so padded, but I love me some Klings.  Only thing I don't like about the Klings is the tag they put on the outside of the Ankle that gives me a blister when breaking them in (but stops after they're broken in, thankfully).

Nothing like getting a blister one day, and then having it rub off the next day because you forgot to cover it.

Anyways, those Reidell boots look so densly padded, that they drew my attention.

Offline falen

• Pairs Partner
  • Total GOE: 8
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2011, 08:46:34 PM »
I think it may be most cost effective to go with competitior and change the blade to what coach wants...Riedells are pricy.

Thanks

Offline skatingmama

• Designated Spinner
  • Total GOE: 1
    • Icexquisite Designs
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2011, 08:53:23 PM »
Are you able to take her to a full service pro shop? If so, do that. Hopefully they will have a variety of skates for you to look at.

I agree. If you have a good pro shop, with someone you can trust, they will put your DD in the best skates for her. We are fortunate to have Jim Reid do ours, he outfits Emanual Sandu but with us, he's never steered us wrong or tried to upsell anything we don't need. He knows the coaches personally, he knows the kids personally and when finding them skates, he goes by height, weight as well as what they are working on to fit them with the right skate and blade. My DD can get brand new skates and barely notice a difference. Good luck!
Icexquisite Designs - custom made skatewear http://www.etsy.com/shop/Icexquisite