You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Spiral Hair Pins  (Read 1849 times)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
Spiral Hair Pins
« on: March 26, 2011, 08:27:45 PM »
I rarely succumb to commercials, but I saw one for Goody's "Spin Pin" and decided to try it for DD's updos for skating. 

http://www.goody.com/#/grid/whatsnew/products/simple_styles_spin_pin

They're double corkscrew-shaped pins with rubber bobs on the end.  You twist the hair into a bun, twist or tuck, then "screw" a pin in place to hold it to your head.

I used them today for DD's skating exhibition and it worked out really well.  I made a french twist and put one pin on top and one on bottom.  I added a few big bobby pins to secure the twist itself, but with gel/hairspray, it held up all day long.

Now to get the $3 pins back from DD and put them away for another time...
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline KelMo

• Rink Rat
  • Total GOE: 0
Re: Spiral Hair Pins
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 02:36:18 PM »
I love these things! Used them to do my hair at Adult Sectionals this year.  I have a lot of very fine hair (read: slippery) so I started with a ponytail for security and then used these (plus hairspray) to make the bun.  Looked perfect!

I also break all the rules on the box and intersect them (so they form a cross through the bun) and I've never had any problems...