You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Riedell has higher arches than Jackson?  (Read 2073 times)

Offline ubmuaer

• Designated Spinner
  • Total GOE: 16
Riedell has higher arches than Jackson?
« on: March 04, 2011, 02:45:54 PM »
I have pretty flat arches.  Is it true that Riedell has a much higher built-in arch, whereas Jackson tends to have less arch?

I used to have these Rainbow sandals and they killed my feet b/c of their built in arch.

And does Jackson make any leather ice skates? I felt the Artistes skates and they feel a bit low quality, unfortunately.

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
Re: Riedell has higher arches than Jackson?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 06:18:58 PM »
It's been my experience that, among the lower-level skates, Riedell uses a flat insole while Jackson uses the athletic (arched) one.  That could have changed - why don't you look at the catalogs for each and review the features you're looking for?

http://skatingforums.com/index.php/topic,1173.0.html

There's a difference between a sandal's hard arched insole and the foam that Jackson uses.
Don't write it off too quickly.

The Artistes have leather uppers, but PVC bottoms.  The next step up in Jacksons are the Freestyle skates, which are overkill for a rec skater.  Same deal in Riedell - the affordable rec skates are leather uppers/PVC bottoms.  There's also a price jump between the lower- and higher-level skates.

-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 07:19:22 PM »
I had to add more arch support to my jacksons (elite plus) and I don't have high arches.

Offline JHarer

• Pairs Partner
  • Total GOE: 34
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 07:20:47 PM »
I can attest to the fact that the rec/low level Reidells have flat arches. My RS115 have a nice clean spot where my arch doesn't touch the footbed.

Offline isakswings

• Carrying Baton for Yelling At Hockey Boys
  • Total GOE: 22
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 03:09:38 PM »
My daughter's Riedell Gold Star boots and my Reidell Gold Medallion boots seem to have very little arch support. However, the Jackson Premire boots we just looked at had a very nice insole and what seemed to be a good arch support. I also seem to recall my daughter's old Jackson Freestyle boots having a good arch in them... I could be wrong but I think that Reidell has flatter arches then Jackson.