You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Just wanted to share...  (Read 2013 times)

Offline isakswings

• Carrying Baton for Yelling At Hockey Boys
  • Total GOE: 22
Just wanted to share...
« on: November 14, 2010, 05:41:41 PM »
Dd passed her preliminary moves in the field and pre-preliminary freeskate tests today! Yesterday she placed first in her freeskate competition... so it has been a great weekend for her(and us!). She is on cloud nine. :-) It was a nice weekend. It would have been nice even if she didn't do this well, but having her do so well was icing on the cake!

Offline MimiG

• CER-A
  • Intergalactic Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 64
Re: Just wanted to share...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 06:21:45 PM »
Congratulations! Big achievements, all of them! :)

Offline dak_rbb

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 2
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 09:55:32 PM »
She must be very excited!  That was a big weekend.  My dd is doing Juv MIF and Pre-juv FS next weekend.  She has only been really working on the moves for a few months, but coach seems okay with it so I'm trying not to worry too much.  Anyway, congratulations!!

Offline twokidsskatemom

• Compulsory Figures
  • Total GOE: 17
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 11:00:18 PM »
Great news !!!Congrats on Passing !!
Good luck on the pre juv/juv testing!!

Offline isakswings

• Carrying Baton for Yelling At Hockey Boys
  • Total GOE: 22
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 08:10:21 PM »
Congratulations! Big achievements, all of them! :)
She must be very excited!  That was a big weekend.  My dd is doing Juv MIF and Pre-juv FS next weekend.  She has only been really working on the moves for a few months, but coach seems okay with it so I'm trying not to worry too much.  Anyway, congratulations!!
Great news !!!Congrats on Passing !!
Good luck on the pre juv/juv testing!!

Thanks! She is very excited and cannot wait to skate tomorrow! dak_rbb... good luck to your daughter!!! My daughter has started working on some pre-juv moves and hopefully will be abl to test those in a few months. We'll see if she will be ready. She needs to work on her power pulls and those backward circle 8's! She needs to work on other stuff too... but I know she needs stronger power pulls and the circle 8's need a lot of work too. She's started to learn the backward circle 8's and does not like them. LOL!

Anyway... thanks!

Offline dak_rbb

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 2
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 12:04:15 AM »

Thanks! She is very excited and cannot wait to skate tomorrow! dak_rbb... good luck to your daughter!!! My daughter has started working on some pre-juv moves and hopefully will be abl to test those in a few months. We'll see if she will be ready. She needs to work on her power pulls and those backward circle 8's! She needs to work on other stuff too... but I know she needs stronger power pulls and the circle 8's need a lot of work too. She's started to learn the backward circle 8's and does not like them. LOL!

Anyway... thanks!

My daughter tested pre-juv in the summer--just missed the circle 8's and I'm kind of glad.  I know it would make her a better skater, but that backward 8 looks tough and it's definitely not the kind of thing she likes to practice.  I enjoy that kind of stuff, but dd would much rather jump and go fast.  I'm hoping as she gets older, she will have a longer term vision and more patience.  We'll see.