You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Poll

How would you feel about informative videos and articles from vendors?  These videos will have useful information, but most likely will include a short plug for the company in question.

Yes to videos and articles, I don't mind the ads
Yes to videos and articles, but no advertisement
No to videos and articles, ads or no ads

Author Topic: POLL: Videos and articles from vendors  (Read 1718 times)

Offline JimStanmore

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 384
POLL: Videos and articles from vendors
« on: September 19, 2010, 09:01:00 PM »
I have quite a bit of information on the internet that is very useful and quite a bit more that is just plain wrong.  Since skatingforums is known for the value of its information, I thought I would invite reputable vendors and professionals to provide us with videos and articles that would help us improve our skating.

Most of this is available freely on the internet already, but I would like to give the vendors an opportunity to not only either create or provide us with their information, but be open to a dialog with our forum members.  BTW, no money is changing hands.  The revenue model is that they provide useful information and in return have the opportunity to earn the trust and respect of our customer base.

Please feel free to post comments and suggestions about this idea.  If you would like to suggest a potential contributor, please post it here.  If you are interested in being a contributor, please PM me and don't post it here.

Jim S.

Offline SillyAdultSkater

• Homologating Quadrubles
  • Total GOE: 82
  • Cleverly disguised as an adult.
    • CheapSkate
Re: POLL: Videos and articles from vendors
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 01:20:50 PM »
Depends on the form. In theory, yes to all three but I don't want it making my boards heavy or sluggish - my internet down speed is 264 kbps, you can imagine.  :sweat
_██_
(ಠ_ృ)   Good day sir.

Offline JimStanmore

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 384
Re: POLL: Videos and articles from vendors
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 10:13:42 PM »
These videos would be in a gallery type section.  The experience would be the same as going to YouTube.  In fact, many are on YouTube - we would just have a convenient location to get to access them from.