You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: 1st out of state comp...  (Read 1485 times)

Offline isakswings

• Carrying Baton for Yelling At Hockey Boys
  • Total GOE: 22
1st out of state comp...
« on: July 25, 2011, 11:15:03 PM »
dd had a great time! She fell on her 1st axel and her program wasn't a good as when she skated last month, but she still had fun! She competed in a spin competition and enjoyed that as well. That too, was a first and I think she would do it again. :) She did place in that event. The high light of the trip was seeing Evan Lycacek skate live and then getting the chance to meet him and to get his autograph. :) She didn't have the best freeskate, but the trip was still worth it. We created some memories and that alone was worth the trip. :)

Offline hopskipjump

• BladeLock
  • Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 59
Re: 1st out of state comp...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 12:25:22 AM »
What an exciting and wonderful experience!  It will be something she remembers for th erest of her life.  My dd isn't one to watch skating but Evan was the most amazing thing she had ever seen on ice.  She watched him on youtube MONTHS later.

Offline jumpingbeansmom

• Wearing Blade Guards on the Ice
  • Total GOE: 60
Re: 1st out of state comp...
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 11:18:09 AM »
The high light of the trip was seeing Evan Lycacek skate live and then getting the chance to meet him and to get his autograph. :)

My dd would be jealous of this!  He is her inspiration as he is tall... she is constantly told she is too tall (at age 10 1/2 she is 5 foot 1)-  but still keeps progressing.