You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: When did you first start testing...and how old were you?  (Read 7717 times)

Offline CaraSkates

• Doing the Fiesta Tangle!
  • Total GOE: 367
Re: When did you first start testing...and how old were you?
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 01:45:14 PM »
I passed Pre-Pre MIF December 2005 - having just turned 16. Since then I have passed up to Pre-Juv FS, Pre-Bronze Dance and Novice MIF.

My most recent test was Novice MIF in August 2010 - my triumph test. If I can do this, I can do anything. I passed the old test, right before the changes, having only worked on it May-August - I did NOTHING but Novice MIF and worked my butt off. THIS is the patch and certificate that is going in the frame!
I have two MIF tests left and I am going to get that gold medal! I am now 21 and heading into my final year of college. I just started dance again (after three years off thanks to college!) so I'll probably test Bronze at the next test session I can get to - my challenge is my school schedule!

Offline karne

• On the Edge
  • Total GOE: 11
Re: When did you first start testing...and how old were you?
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2011, 08:32:09 AM »
I started skating at 22 - my figure skates were my 22nd birthday present to myself. That was October last year. (Bought the skates in September...yes it took me four weeks to work up the courage to ask one of the coaches if I could take lessons with her!  ;))

Passed all basic skills tests in Aussie Skate and my Free Skate 1 test. Testing my Free Skate 2 on Thursday but not expecting to pass. Issues are free leg height on FI spiral (I'm so not flexible) and forward consecutive changes of edge. I officially hate figures.

"Three months in figure skating is nothing. Three months is like 5 minutes in a day. 5 minutes in 24 hours - that's how long you've been working on this. And that's not long at all. You are 1000% better than you were 5 minutes ago." -- My coach

ISA Preliminary! Passed 13/12/14!