You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Is There Anyone Here Familiar With How My Rink Does Things? -fsf, FSWer, 8-2010  (Read 1995 times)

Offline JimStanmore

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 384
FSWer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Title: Is there anyone here familar with how my Rink does things to answer this question?
Posted: 08-20-2010, 04:54 PM

Ok. Maybe,maybe it's just me. But then again I am confused. Is there any other Skater out there familar enough with how Newington Arena runs things that can please tell me why a limit would be put on weekend Public Skate for the month of Sept.? It is surely not Hockey season....and the only other thing I can think of is that there isn't a big demand. But then again, Sept. IS part of Summer, and you'ld think that it would be limited the whole Summer. Is there anyone here who knows anything that can clear me up on this? Also,does anyone know if this kind of thing get's done with the Freestyle Skaters there too? Also does anybody else's Rink here do this? Or am I alone? Thanks.  

GoSveta
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: 08-22-2010, 01:34 AM

I'm finding it hard to formulate a response without knowing what specific "limit" you're referring to  

sk8joyful

Posted: 08-22-2010, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSWer  
please tell me why a limit would be put on weekend Public Skate for the month of Sept.?  

I don't know about your rink to say, but periodically some public-sessions get cancelled, so advancing skaters can get Tested. - Other times, the rink may close for a few weeks for annual maintanance. - Maybe they are having some other seasonal event?, or special classes? - You can always ask, surely the rink Manager, & skating Director would know the Schedule, as they are responsible for the arrangements.

Clarice

Posted: 08-22-2010, 09:09 AM

I'm guessing it probably has to do with hockey. Teams are most certainly starting up now, and may be having tryout clinics or something like that. But I agree with sk8joyful - if you really want to know what's going on at your own rink, you need to ask the manager or somebody who works there.  

FSWer

Posted: 08-23-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice  
I'm guessing it probably has to do with hockey. Teams are most certainly starting up now, and may be having tryout clinics or something like that. But I agree with sk8joyful - if you really want to know what's going on at your own rink, you need to ask the manager or somebody who works there.

I wondered that too. But then again Hockey or no sport owns a month.  

davincisoprano1

Posted: 08-23-2010, 09:54 PM

Hockey or any sport may not own a month but hockey season is coming up so the teams need time to practice just like the figure skaters need time to practice. It's the same at my rink right now, they're offering more hockey practice times to meet the demand of the several hockey teams as well as making time for the hockey games that go on there. The ice is continually in pretty bad shape even after being zammed, too. Deep ruts are still in there. The holes need to be filled in first, but there is only about 10 minutes between each session to zam and they go over the ice REALLY quickly sadly.  

FSWer

Posted: 08-23-2010, 10:04 PM

It also helps too to know if a Rink calls the Hockey Teams up. Or if they do like in a Bowling Alley and take booking FROM Teams. If it's #2, I'd think that even in Sept. the end of Summer. That all these Teams would be bustin' down the door that fast to use a Rink. When IS the season anyway? From what month till when?