You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Skirted leggings  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Meli

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 25
Skirted leggings
« on: June 08, 2013, 08:45:43 PM »
I've noticed the trend in other activities with the skirted leggings or capris.  Has anyone tried these for skating?  Love 'em?  Hate 'em?

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
Re: Skirted leggings
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 08:49:42 PM »
I wanted to love them, but the ones I've seen are for women with no butts. Basically, if you've got skater's butt, they'll just cling. If  you've got skinny butt, go for it.

I've worn running tights with a separate sport skirt over it. The tights and the skirt were from different manuf. and were different sizes. Worked out well for me.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 01:04:15 AM »
I wanted to love them, but the ones I've seen are for women with no butts. Basically, if you've got skater's butt, they'll just cling. If  you've got skinny butt, go for it.

I agree it looks great mostly for very skinny behinds. I am basically pear shaped and while wrap skirt + leggings look fine, there is no way I could pull off those straight-cut skirted leggings :P

Offline amy1984

• Wearing Blade Guards on the Ice
  • Total GOE: 14
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 07:12:45 AM »
I bought a pair and to be honest, they look a little odd.  I'm probably different sizes for the skirt and tights and they just look weird ... they're just... off.  The skirt seems too long, parts of it cling funny, and I've never actually worn them.  I would just buy a pair of tights and a wrap skirt from a dance store.  That way you can both pick tights that you like and a skirt that you like.