You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: spring show assignment  (Read 1388 times)

Offline treesprite

• Defrosting Da Toes
  • Total GOE: 5
  • Returning from a past skating life.
    • Ice Skate Forum
spring show assignment
« on: April 28, 2013, 04:39:25 AM »
The rink's spring show is coming up in a few weeks. I said that I thought it would be fun if the rink staff (guards, cashiers, etc) did a little presentation. Well, the skating director agreed and told me to organize it. Since it's just a fun unprecedented thing, it's got to be at the end of the show when most of the audience will probably have already left.

I'm trying to get at least 10 people. Right now there are 6, but two decided to put question marks next to their names (I put up a sign up sheet). So far we have 2 of us who do FS and I need to convince at least 2 of the other 3 FS skater/co-workers to participate so we can break away from the lines to do a jump (waltz-toe combo). Then we'll go back to the lines and anyone who can do even a little 2-ft spin will step out and spin (some of our hockey skate-wearers can spin) (the 2 foot spin people will have to do 2 or 3 in a row to keep going until the hopefully 4 FS skaters are done spinning). The all come together down the center to the exit, waving to the audience. We will be wearing our staff shirts and some will wear yellow guard jackets (I don't think I can spin with a guard jacket on).

So, here's an animation I made of the little program I was imagining in my head while out on the public session pulling rink guard duty  88):

I realize my stick figures look  like zombies.

Oh, also, there isn't going to really be a chance for a rehearsal as a whole group, which is why I wasted a couple hours on the animation, so everyone will understand what they will be doing in advance.  The 4 FS skaters will be on the ends. Two of the guy guards can do 2-foot spins, so that will make 6 of us doing a spin of some sort (mine will be the worst one I bet).

Offline davincisop

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 162
  • 2017 Goal: Pass Bronze Dances
Re: spring show assignment
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 08:18:33 AM »
Fun! I did something like that. I had three of my male coworkers come onto the ice in their work uniforms and hockey skates and (SD knew) when the SD said "hey guys, this is a figure skating show..." One of the guys shouted "we wanna perform!" And they all wiped off their jackets to reveal dresses and we started playing dude looks like a lady. :)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
Re: spring show assignment
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 08:46:39 AM »
At my old rink, the pros were always the opening act so we could focus on our students during the rest of the show. 

No rehearsals?  Doesn't sound like a good idea.  Hope it works out.
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com