You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Figure Skating Viewing 2016-17  (Read 4130 times)

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
Figure Skating Viewing 2016-17
« on: October 12, 2016, 01:04:23 PM »
NBC is broadcasting across their channels, including their overpriced cable stations.  Meh.  Their disrespect for skating usually involves delaying the skating broadcast to recap of the (insert overexposed sport here) game.  Apparently, they can't be honest and say the skating starts 10-15 minutes after the scheduled time.

http://www.usfigureskating.org/story?id=90041&type=media

I no longer have a DVR so I'll likely be missing most of the action unless I have nothing else to do on a weekend afternoon. 

Heather W's FS TV Schedule is up to date: http://heatherw.com/mk/sch.htm
Love Heather's schedule - it's a labor of love that keeps us on the same page.

IceNetwork is pricey this season - $49.99 
There is a $25 discount to current USFSA members; you should have received a personal email with the unique secret code. Renewals went through at the discounted price, although some people have reported getting a follow-up email saying it wasn't a valid discount, so watch your credit card statements.  (I wonder if it's not related to USFSA membership lists.)  If you didn't receive the discount email, contact Member Services at 719-635-5200 to request a code.  I use my laptop to stream IN to my TV since they STILL aren't using current technology.  (My TV, Roku, DVD player and BluRay player all stream; why doesn't IN?)

NBCSN has a free app that worked for me last year.  Worth a try this year.
Universal HD is locked-down with cable/satellite.  They used to have a Sling TV channel, but alas, it is no more.

There are bloggers on the spot at most elite events - check Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.  Making a big push is the Periscope app, which lets anyone broadcast live to their followers. (All done via apps)

Scope out the other message boards - someone typically posts a current live feed link.  Sometimes, they're from overseas broadcasters that don't geo-block.  I have no idea what's legal and what's not, but occasionally, NBC's live feed can be viewed.  Those are my favorite because there's no commentary!

Okay, I'm done complaining now.  Go about your business!
-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright

Offline icedancer

• Custom Skates
  • Total GOE: 143
Re: Figure Skating Viewing 2016-17
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 05:17:36 PM »
Thanks for posting this!  I just realized this morning that I didn't even know when Skate America was and so this is a good reminder.

And yeah. complain away.  Icenetwork basically sucks. Etc.