You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Pro shop in MA  (Read 2185 times)

Offline sampaguita

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 44
Pro shop in MA
« on: August 11, 2021, 05:31:07 PM »
Looking forward to going back to skating this fall!

I need to have skates fitted and I can go to either Cookes or The Sharper Edge in MA. Cookes is closer but the associate I talked to on the phone seemed kinda clueless -- he said something like if it's a split width, they can just put a last on it in the store  :o. Any advice on their experience with Cookes? Is it better to drive an extra 20 minutes to go to the Sharper Edge instead? Thanks all!

Offline mjebos86

• Ice Warrior
  • Total GOE: 5
Re: Pro shop in MA
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 10:07:03 AM »
I haven't had any experience with Cookes, but Sharper Edge has a very good reputation among skaters I know who go there.

I ordered a set of Pic frames from them toward the beginning of the pandemic and I was very satisfied with their customer service - it was a very stressful time for them as everyone was ordering Pics, and mine were backordered for several weeks, but they handled it very well and were friendly and easy to deal with.

I'm considering switching my ice boots from Jackson to Risport, and FWIW I'm definitely planning to go to Sharper Edge for the fitting.

Offline sampaguita

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 44
Re: Pro shop in MA
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 01:43:03 AM »
Thanks for the advice, mjebos86! I went to Sharper Edge and got my skates from Jonathan. He's a true expert and didn't try to upsell to me.