You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Skating Dress Rentals  (Read 2138 times)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
Skating Dress Rentals
« on: September 08, 2012, 10:04:52 AM »
I think this is a great idea - rent-a-dress for competitions or shows.  Carrie Jones Designs is considering this service.  $60 (incl. cleaning and shipping) for two weeks' use of a $400 dress - that's a bargain!

http://www.carriejonesdesigns.com/category_s/101.htm

They haven't posted any real info other than some splash banners, but I think it's an intriguing idea for a recreational skater.
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
Re: Skating Dress Rentals
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 10:19:36 AM »
interesting, hope they will provide more details about insurance, both for shipping and for usage. :)

Offline skatingmum2

• Homologating Quadrubles
  • Total GOE: 3
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 12:07:20 PM »
 Sounds fantastic....and given how rapidly my daughter has grown over the last year or so something really good for a rapidly growing adolescent.  However am tearing my hair out about 13 year old daughter where nothing off the shelf ever appears to fit her - she is 5' 6 1/2 now - adult extra small fits width wise but slightly too short, adult small - way too wide. Guess I'll just be paying lots of money for custom made dresses. :-X

I bought her a recent adult extra small from Kim to the Max - beautifully made and looks fantastic but she is complaining that it needs to be longer. (Luckily they are so reasonably priced).

(We're even struggling with leggings - the adult small Chloe Noel ones she wore today kept falling down so guess she'll need to rather wear her too short smaller ones).

Offline hopskipjump

• BladeLock
  • Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 59
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 06:25:49 PM »
My dd has a Carrie Jone's dress.  It's beautiful.  If you have a hard to fit child, the halter style works really well.    I just unstitched where it joined and made it so it fit tighter.   The color is beautiful on the ice.

I did also have it hemmed, but a friend did it for $10.  I like a very short freestyle skirt, CJ's was longer.