You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: ISU North American Adult Championships in Lake Placid  (Read 3873 times)

Offline Pandora

• Axelicious!
  • Total GOE: 3
ISU North American Adult Championships in Lake Placid
« on: April 21, 2019, 07:31:29 AM »
I am interested in competitng in this competition, but found this information on the USFS site on the Frequently Asked Questions page. This is a competition on the ISU Calandar. I am confused....  ???

Skaters cannot compete in any event, even representing their home club, that is on the ISU calendar (www.isu.org)

www.usfsa.org/story?id=84043

Offline alejeather

• Ice Tourist
  • Total GOE: 23
Re: ISU North American Adult Championships in Lake Placid
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 11:53:30 AM »
I think those answers only apply to competitions outside of North America (or maybe outside the U.S.?)
"Any day now" turned out to be November 14, 2014.

Offline Pandora

• Axelicious!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 08:13:10 AM »
I wrote to the USFS and am waiting for a reply. I will post the answer when they send it. I'm sure we can skate in it, and I'm already planning to go. LOVE LAKE PLACID!!!  :love: 

Offline Pandora

• Axelicious!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 07:34:47 AM »
I called USFS and spoke with them. Wow! They were very nice! :) The lady I spoke to said it is fine to participate in this event. She said the rule I referred to was not intended to apply to "Open-Registration Adult Events." She said she understood my confusion, and that she was going to contact the Adult Liasion in order to have some kind of clarification made.

So it is fine with the USFS to compete in this event!!!  :) There are Adult Camps at Lake Placid in June and August in case anyone wants to check out the ice/venue early. It's going to be so fun!!!!

Offline nicklaszlo

• Three-Penny Three-Turns
  • Total GOE: 221
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 11:21:54 PM »

Skaters cannot compete in any event, even representing their home club, that is on the ISU calendar (www.isu.org)

If you look further down on the page, it says to contact the chair of the international committee.  I think this is the same procedure as all the other adult internationals.  I think other federations have similar processes.