You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Any Bay Area skaters?  (Read 1579 times)

Offline littlerain

• On the Edge
  • Total GOE: 11
Any Bay Area skaters?
« on: June 20, 2014, 10:53:48 PM »
I will probably be in the Bay Area for work from July-October and I definitely want to keep skating. I found rinks that would be easy enough for me to go to (ice oasis in redwood city and sharks ice in San Jose) and at least one has adult class... I also saw that there is a rink in Cupertino but it seems to have awful yelp reviews.

So I'm wondering, are any of you guys in the Bay Area? Have you skated or taken lessons at any of these rinks? Would love to know what your experience was like

Offline skategeek

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 260
  • or is that geekyskater?
Re: Any Bay Area skaters?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 11:18:03 PM »
I was in San Francisco last year for a conference and skated at Yerba Buena; don't know if you want to go that far north.  I liked it but I was only there for a public session.  Can't comment on classes, etc.

Offline littlerain

• On the Edge
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 12:24:48 AM »

I was in San Francisco last year for a conference and skated at Yerba Buena; don't know if you want to go that far north.  I liked it but I was only there for a public session.  Can't comment on classes, etc.

Thanks for the info! I wouldn't really go up there during the week, but I will definitely check out their publics on the weekend. I like shopping in union square, so that's not too far.

Offline alejeather

• Ice Tourist
  • Total GOE: 23
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 01:17:55 AM »
If you have ever been even a little bit interested in ice dance, the Bay Area is the place to give it a try. They have weekly social dance sessions in San Jose ( Sunday mornings at Sharks Ice) and also in Oakland, I think. Worth looking into if you dance or are thinking about starting.
"Any day now" turned out to be November 14, 2014.

Offline littlerain

• On the Edge
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 03:13:28 AM »

If you have ever been even a little bit interested in ice dance, the Bay Area is the place to give it a try. They have weekly social dance sessions in San Jose ( Sunday mornings at Sharks Ice) and also in Oakland, I think. Worth looking into if you dance or are thinking about starting.

I've been curious about it - not sure if I would be any good at it - so I will definitely look into that. Thank you! :)

Offline littlerain

• On the Edge
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 02:45:29 PM »
Just wanted to give you guys an update!

I signed up for the adult class on Saturdays at ice oasis in redwood city. was curious about the stroking class and dance class too but didn't want to go crazy haha.

I found that sharks ice in San Jose has public skates every night too, so I'm hoping I can practice a lot too