You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Skating Aches & Pains  (Read 1646 times)

Offline Neverdull44

• Making the Ice Cake
  • Total GOE: 120
Skating Aches & Pains
« on: June 01, 2014, 11:18:09 AM »
What's hurting/bugging you today?

Today, it's the top of my spinning foot, the bone that goes to the big toe, almost at the big toe.  It's a little swollen up right where the big toe would be attached.  Not painful to the touch, but achy to walk on and aches just sitting here.  Haven't taken an Advil.   I'm going on vacation for two weeks in Hawaii (only rink in Honolulu, for which I will just be there for 3 days).  I am debating taking my skates, or just letting the foot mend.     And, that's how it is.  9 times out of 10, I just let the body fix itself.  But, I am wondering if this time I have a teeny, tiny stress fracture?

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
Re: Skating Aches & Pains
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 11:20:36 AM »
Lower spine at the sacrum. Aches like the devil.Can't tell if it's a muscle soreness from all the stretching/strength building I've been doing with my hips, or it's something else.  But hey, as long as I skate the arthritic hip doesn't hurt at all!
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline davincisop

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 162
  • 2017 Goal: Pass Bronze Dances
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 12:14:03 PM »
Not really skating related since it happened off ice because I'm the epitome of grace and coordination.... I am still dealing with a deep bruise on the top of my right foot from when I rolled it over two weeks ago stepping off a curb downtown.

Beyond that, thankfully, no other pains. Wrist is occasionally sore, but that's a result of a cyst that flares up and working on a computer all day. :)

Knock on wood, no skating injuries yet.

Offline Bill_S

• Over the Edge
  • Total GOE: 370
  • Whack! Bam! Ouch!
    • Bill's skating pages
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 03:08:47 PM »
My tailbone from a sudden smackdown on the ice a couple years ago.
Bill Schneider

Offline Meli

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 25
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 07:20:51 PM »
Sore hip and iceburned elbow from a freak fall on a three turn.

Offline JSM

• Freestyle Skater
  • Total GOE: 39
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 07:29:36 PM »
Landing knee.  Always that knee!  I had to cut a practice short yesterday due to it.  Such a bummer, especially after a few good sessions last week.

Also I'm super tense, but that's not skating related (but affects skating for sure).

Offline Neverdull44

• Making the Ice Cake
  • Total GOE: 120
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 09:41:47 PM »
Sore knees - i had a spell with a sore knee.  My sit spin knee.  I decided to only do 3 sit spins a day.  It healed up in about 10 weeks.  And, my other spins got better!

Back - I had a short spell with back pain.  Wasn't sure if I slipped a disk or pulled my buttocks.    I did yoga for my back every hour (cat stretches to arched back, happy baby), back pain patches, epson salt baths, and slept on the recliner.  Sleeping on the recliner is what really helped it out.  My nephew is a PT, and he recommended it!

Offline slcbelle

• Blade Runner
  • Total GOE: 224
  • Yes, I'm obsessed.
    • YouTube Videos
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 12:20:54 AM »
Adductor magnus.  I seem to have strained it last week and it's mad at me.
Adult Silver FS, Intermediate MITF
Videos:  http://www.youtube.com/itslex71
Bronze Level Test Judge - Singles/Pairs
Non-Qual Competition Judge

Offline karne

• On the Edge
  • Total GOE: 11
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 09:08:32 AM »
My hip - but that's normal and I always physically stop myself from thinking about why because I know the answer, I just don't WANT to know the answer.

And my right foot feels weirdly twisted and hurting for some reason. I did it just about as soon as the boots went on today, so I'm at a bit of a loss. Oh well. I'll only get worried if it hurts tomorrow or Wednesday.

Oh and my butt and left thigh muscle hurt but that wasn't from skating, that was from ten pin bowling.  ;D
"Three months in figure skating is nothing. Three months is like 5 minutes in a day. 5 minutes in 24 hours - that's how long you've been working on this. And that's not long at all. You are 1000% better than you were 5 minutes ago." -- My coach

ISA Preliminary! Passed 13/12/14!