You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Them's a lot of stickers.  (Read 2183 times)

Offline lutefisk

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 153
    • On Thin Ice

Offline Live2Sk8

• Divot Maker
  • Total GOE: 29
Re: Them's a lot of stickers.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 11:14:15 AM »
I loved this post on your blog!  What a wonderful visual reminder of how much you practice and how much you love the sport.  I track my skating hours, blade sharpenings and usage of my pass in a calendar and have friends who do the same thing (most of us are engineers, no surprise).  It must make you happy at work to look up and see all of those skate passes.  Congrats!

I am working on those 3 prelim dances as well, and think I may never pass them.  Skating with a partner makes me really nervous. 

Offline mamabear

• Divot Maker
  • Total GOE: 98
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 10:26:37 AM »
I love it!  I never thought about keeping our stickers (not nearly as colorful and we are supposed to put them on a sheet of paper) but one skater does keep all of hers in a side pocket of her bag-she likes the thickness of the pile.

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 03:55:59 PM »
I love your stickers - ours are rather plain, and most end up stuck to the giant "sticker ball" on the skate rental counter :)

Offline lutefisk

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 153
    • On Thin Ice
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 04:25:09 PM »
Thanks to all who have enjoyed my wall.  On 1 July when my rink reopens I'll tear them down and start over.  We'll see if I can complete the wall again next season.  One thing I've learned from this exercise is that if the kids at the rink didn't know me so well there were lots of instances when I could have "reused" the sticker from the previous session!  But when one is a regular with a distinctive head of snow white hair one can't pull much wool over young eyes!