You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: SkateLoop App  (Read 1936 times)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
SkateLoop App
« on: July 19, 2017, 02:28:15 PM »
I'm not keen on SkateLoop because it requires a monthly subscription.  I coach recreational skaters, so my families wouldn't need a tool like this.

Still, it's a great concept: the coach(es) and skaters/parents are all "in the loop" with practices, progress tracking and can chat without having half the convo on text and the rest in emails.  Nice interface.  They do have a free trial, but everyone has to be a subscriber to get the benefit of the cost.  Using it on your own is like talking to yourself.  It's best for a coach who dictates that every one of their skaters sign up for this service and is adept at using apps.

website: http://www.myskateloop.com/  (Note: NOT "skateloop.com," but "MYskateloop.com")
itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skateloop/id1138017056?mt=8

I don't know if it's available for Android devices. 
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline amy1984

• Wearing Blade Guards on the Ice
  • Total GOE: 14
Re: SkateLoop App
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 11:55:31 AM »
So I downloaded this.  It's useful for creating practice lists even without a coach.  It takes a little fiddling around to get used to but once you create practice lists it's quite easy to assign them to a day.  From there you can check them off and assign a time so it tracks your time on ice and how successful you are at your elements.

I'm going to try it out for my next week of skating and see how it goes.  I'll try to remember to update after lol.  No promises though.

The only complaint I have is that it's all American content.  So none of my Canadian skills patterns are there.  I had to create new elements and then promptly lost them as they were filed who knows where.  Managed to find them after a bit more fiddling.  I think some of the dances will be off too because there's places where we differ with the American set up but all the ones I needed were there.  Oh, and setting up a routine - which I think means program - was clunky.  I just wanted to track how often I do my program and there wasn't really an option to do that.  It seems to want you to track each element in the program which isn't necessarily bad, just not what I was looking for.

Offline AgnesNitt

• Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 01:40:19 PM »
So glad that I have so many things to practice that I don't have to write down a list. No matter what I do, it's practice!

Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Total GOE: 188
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 04:23:08 PM »
That gif is mesmerizing.
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com